logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spino  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:55:36 AM(UTC)
spino

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I found a way to have my gopro 7 black into vmix at 720p. There is a software named gopro2obs who works as a bridge between the camera and Vmix and you can send the video over NDI and wifi.
It works very well even if there is a strong delay (randomly between 2 and 4 seconds).
If you already knew this, feel free to delete the post.
MThomas56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:46:51 AM(UTC)
MThomas56

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I also found that Gopro2obs is a great solution for getting a GoPro Hero 7/8 LIVE into Vmix. The App is actually meant to be used for OBS as a virtual/camera input. The App creates a small RTMP server to transmit the GoPro camera wirelessly to rtmp clients or NDI.

When choosing this App as an option in Vmix as a Camera device, Vmix then crashes once adding the input. Use the latest version of VMix 23.0.0.51.

The Gopro2obs does show up when you turn on the NDI option and is listed as Gopro2obs in the NDI inputs.

Great little app +1 on adding this as a feature request for Camera Input without crashing.

Matt Thomas
spino  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:00:50 AM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MThomas56 Go to Quoted Post
I also found that Gopro2obs is a great solution for getting a GoPro Hero 7/8 LIVE into Vmix. The App is actually meant to be used for OBS as a virtual/camera input. The App creates a small RTMP server to transmit the GoPro camera wirelessly to rtmp clients or NDI.

When choosing this App as an option in Vmix as a Camera device, Vmix then crashes once adding the input. Use the latest version of VMix 23.0.0.51.

The Gopro2obs does show up when you turn on the NDI option and is listed as Gopro2obs in the NDI inputs.

Great little app +1 on adding this as a feature request for Camera Input without crashing.

Matt Thomas

It didn't crash in my case. I select NDI in gopro2obs and I capture it just as NDI input and it works (Vmix 23.0.0.48).
Ramón  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 9:04:48 AM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The demo version has worked very well for me, easy to configure and intuitive. +1