logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KnKproductions  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 12:28:47 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Notice that the example you're trying to emulate also has an infinite loop, only it's a much smaller portion of the screen and therefore not seen as easily.

I know this doesn't solve your problem....but if you're inserting your output into a zoom group, and that output also includes the same zoom group that your're inserting your output into, it will always have in infinite loop.

Is there a way in zoom to hide your input so that it only shows the guests? I think this would remove your infinite loop ...
KnKproductions  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:08:59 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Brother believe me they are infinite looping, it's just harder to see because the looping part is such a small percentage of the total window

?t=2103

I can see 4 of him, in an infinite downward fractal, and then it is too small to see.

I'm not entirely sure why you need to see yourself in the zoom gallery, if you could have it still send video from your zoom station but not have it display your place in the gallery, that should remove the infinite loop.

Another option is to cover your zoom square in the vmix output with a multiview layer of anything, maybe just your camera input. This would at least mask the infinite loop on the vmix output.
KnKproductions  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:09:52 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

at 11:38 in that video it does the exact same thing yours is doing. by the time more zoom guests come in, it is simply harder to see because it is so small but it's still there.
I'm 99% sure that if you're able to hide your square in the zoom gallery on your zoom computer, the issue will go away.
videodog  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:11:58 PM(UTC)
videodog

United States

Correct! I do see it on this clip. Mine is doing the same thing. Phew! I was going crazy! Thank you for finding a better view.
RichDanby  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 2:38:24 AM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
When you are in a meeting with more than one person, and in gallery view, hover over your video and then click the three dots in the top right, from there you can "Hide Self View".
hide me.png (73kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

thanks 2 users thanked RichDanby for this useful post.
KnKproductions on 5/13/2020(UTC), videodog on 7/30/2020(UTC)
videodog  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:10:23 AM(UTC)
videodog

United States

ZOOM video looping SOLVED!

I did get it work work! SUCH AN EASY FIX! The Fix is this: Please note I use two computers, Main Vmix PC that outputs to ZOOM and a Zoom PC that captures ZOOM. You have to do this on the ZOOM HOST computer! Within ZOOM, in gallery view, move mouse over the window that is looping. This would be the output from the main Vmix PC. Click the 3 dots, click HIDE SELF VIEW. Walla! No more looping video on ZOOM.

If you see "chat / Pin video" as your only choices then you in a ZOOM Participant. You must click HIDE SELF VIEW on the ZOOM HOST computer. This would be the computer that you setup the ZOOM meeting.
videodog  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:12:46 AM(UTC)
videodog

United States

This works. Please note this must be done on the Zoom Host computer. This would be the Zoom computer that you started the meeting on.

Thank you