logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
j3throo  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 11:27:02 PM(UTC)
j3throo

Groups: Registered
Hungary

Hey guys!

So we're hosting an event where our guests do streams on our channel. They are streaming directly into my vMix with SRT (via OBS 25), and we put the stream out to our channel.

Last week we had 4 gameplay streams, and only one had problems I've never seen before.

Go to 30:30 in the video, for some reason I can't link with timestamp

As you can see, the feed is falling apart. This was only a problem when there was no movement on the screen: when the guy is racing, we get a clear picture, but when he stops or goes to the menu, it gets worse. The weirdest thing is, he started shaking like a madman on his webcam, and for the most part, it fixed the issue. So movement somehow mitigates the problem, but I have no idea how or why.

In this case, the streamer is using an Elgato HD60s to capture the gameplay from his Xbox, and streaming it to me with 6000kbps.

The other 3 streams didn't have this problem (in 2 of them the game was played on the streamers PC, and in the last it was captured via NDI locally)

So now I'm testing for tonight with another guy, completely different PC and network, but another racing game captured via Elgato. And he has THE SAME PROBLEM.

Any ideas what's causing it? Please help!
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:51:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

This is a classic symptom of the SRT latency setting not being set high enough for the feed.
Increase the latency setting until the problem goes away, as SRT needs a certain amount of latency
in order to recover missing data due to packet loss and network congestion.

Regards,

Martin
vMix