logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cyprian  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 4:05:32 PM(UTC)
Cyprian

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello vMix community,

I would like to know if it is possible to re-instate a vMix call that I have "closed" the source window of.

To explain, say I have a document that is a list of vMix call passwords from interviews I conducted. I have logged both the vMix call URL links and passwords for each caller.

A few weeks have gone by and I have since "closed" these video call source windows as I went along after I was done the interviews.

I have saved my preset to no longer include those vMix call sources.

My question is, can I re-add someone using the URL link/password we used before? My understanding is that these unique vMix call links and passwords last forever but how can I reuse them if I wanted to re-instate the same person as a source? My log is kind of a phonebook. It would be great to re-add people according to their unique link/password.

Or do I have to create a brand new URL and password each time I remove the vMix source call from my Vmix saved preset.

Thanks,
Cyprian
Cyprian  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 5:52:24 PM(UTC)
Cyprian

Groups: Registered
Canada

It seems this may have been already answered here. I must have missed this earlier.

https://forums.vmix.com/...g-passwords-in-vMix-Call

Although it would be nice to just enter the password when making a new vMix Call Source :) And not have to open other pre-sets etc.

If anyone has any other comments, I welcome them!

Cyprian