logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guildenstern  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 5:45:38 AM(UTC)
guildenstern

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i'm trying to figure out how a vmix operator can listen to the audio from a vmix caller on headphones along with other vmix inputs that have audio (seems pretty simple so there must be something I'm missing)

goal is to have vmix operator listen to game audio, music, and instructions from live producer (who's in a vmix call). Audience on stream should not be able to hear Vmix caller.

In vmix 23.0.0.46 it doesn't seem like I can do that from within vmix. I can't solo the vmix call because then the operator can't hear the game audio (VMIX doesn't seem to have a way to solo multiple audio inputs like on a mixer). VMIX call audio also doesn't seem to come through when it's sent to a bus that's been enabled and soloed

any thoughts on how to solve would be appreciated! :D
guildenstern  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 6:46:32 AM(UTC)
guildenstern

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
update: think I solved this one. the vmix caller was using their built-in laptop mic. repeatedly muting and unmuting the vmix call from the browser on their laptop (in latest version of firefox) seems to cut out the audio output at the point. switching to an external microphone solved it
advisiontv  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 6:06:03 AM(UTC)
advisiontv

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
OK - but if you use shortcuts for the solo button, you can get around soloing more than one item at a time. you can set up the shortcut to push once to enable, and again to disable, and you can enable as many as you like!