logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krzychuz  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 7:08:56 AM(UTC)
krzychuz

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've been reading forum posts and performing tests, and I came to conclusion that in 2020 still XAML titles are rendered using CPU. You're trying to make GT the main technology for titles but it can't compete with what XAML + C# and Microsoft Blend can offer in terms of design, animation and automation. You figured out how to make GT use GPU, so please make a proper implementation of a GPU renderer for XAML. Thank you.
joedemax  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:07:41 PM(UTC)
joedemax

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi,

I don't work for vMix but can shed some light on why this is not possible. It is not correct to say XAML titles are rendered using the CPU. XAML titles are WPF controls and as such as rendered on the GPU. The problem is that there is no way to directly render a WPF visual to a DirectX Texture which vMix would need to use it. Instead, you are forced to use RenderTargetBitmap which downloads it into CPU memory, that you can then reupload to the GPU as a DX texture for use in vMix. This process takes time and is why animated XAML titles were taxing on the system. I have spent hours trying to find a faster way to capture WPF visuals in my own applications with very limited success. The only real way is to use the Desktop Duplicaton API, but at this point its just screen capture which has its own pitfalls.

GT is very powerful once you get to know it, and much more efficient than XAML/WPF.

Joe