logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
erikhogeboom  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 1:23:19 AM(UTC)
erikhogeboom

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

Hi guys,

I've searched, but couldn't find a topic about this.

We use vMix Call for our reporters to do live standups in our tv-show and in our livestreams.

The problem on the iPhone is that vMix Call doesn't recognise the iRig Mic (HD2) microphones we attach to our phones. Although the light is on on the microphone (so the phone 'sees' it). In other apps, like Filmic Pro and LiveU-app, you can manually select the microphone that must be used.

Is such a option possible for vMix Call on iPhone?

I've tried different browsers, none of them give me the option. On Chrome on a laptop, it is possible, but we MOJO a lot so it must be on a phone.

Because of this bug, we use LiveU a lot, but that doesn't give a retourimage of the studio. vMix Call is very handy, but not when you can't use the reportermic.
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 8:27:23 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erikhogeboom Go to Quoted Post

I've tried different browsers, none of them give me the option.

You have identified the issue. vMix call uses WebRTC which is a technology embeded/supportd by the browser. If the browser does not support your device you need to contact the manufacturer of the device or browser.
erikhogeboom  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 8:39:46 AM(UTC)
erikhogeboom

Netherlands

I think that's to easy. Just go to Google or Apple and get it fixed....that's not how things work.

Other apps on the same device DO see the microphone and there are applications that let you choose which microphone you would like to use. vMix Call doesn't have that option and I would like to know if this could be build into the product.

There are a lot of people using iPhones and vMix Call --> this would be a great option to have for so many reasons. It's crazy chrome can do it on a laptop/pc, but not on iOS.
ask  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 8:44:57 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
It has only been recently that Apple supported WebRTC at all......and Chrome on IOS is Safari not Chrome. The advice from vMix is to use Safari on IOS. Again if the browser doesn't support your device, (even though the IOS does), it has to be fixed by the manufacturer of the Browser.
allklier  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:31:09 AM(UTC)
allklier

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Might depend on your phone. I just tried it with a Yamaha Bluetooth microphone. Then VMix call in Safari, and that worked fine.

I think it may depend if your microphone is the main audio input in settings, or just an auxiliary device that the apps can see?
mavik  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:46:16 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Try larix broadcaster app (free) and use SRT. This will give you a much better quality and reliability.
advisiontv  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:58:05 AM(UTC)
advisiontv

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Larix is great - but it's a shame there isnt a way of receiving back video. A hybrid send and recieve SRT app would be perfect!
Have vMix ever thought about making an app for vMix Call for the iphone? It's a very very popular device, and the experience in IOS is a little flakey. If there was an app it could open up a lot more opportunites to have some nice settings that could be tweaked by the user eg select which camera or mic to use, instead of trying to find these settings in an unknown browser! It would be useful for inexperienced contributors to simply download the app from the app store.

thanks 1 user thanked advisiontv for this useful post.
Andrew Rix on 4/6/2021(UTC)