logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveT  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:09:28 AM(UTC)
DaveT

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey all,

First time poster trying to get the most out of VMIX.

We are trying to get some callers from the west coast to do a VMIX call into a couple different VMIX systems (both on a gig fiber home connection) that's also on the west coast. And it's a stuttering mess for those on cable internet, even though their speeds are decent (e.g 400 down, 20 up).

When we look at our browser logs, the turn server is central.turn.vmixcall.com:10349 (IP address 104.197.41.255) which from what I can tell resides in Virginia (on Google's platform)....

Is there any way to or plan to be able to have a turn server in a different locations that the caller can choose?

I know P2P is an option for those closer, but I am worried about callers behind firewalls they don't understand. Orr callers right a bit of the way for both us and the turn server -- like Texas.

Would be awesome if some form of automated proxy was available, even if we had to pay a small fee for use. So the turn server can be in Virginia, but Google recognized I'm in California it sends all the data between VA and their closes ingest/egress point near me though its own network before hitting the general public internet.

Working on a huge project, so reliability of it will be critical. Hoping to keep our video call situation integrated within VMIX vs. other home-brew solutions (also, Skype TX broadcast severs are backordered everywhere!)

Thanks,

DT
zengwei  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 10:38:09 PM(UTC)
zengwei

China

+1
dansarvas  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 6:16:57 AM(UTC)
dansarvas

Brazil

+1