logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Veeedka  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 1:51:49 PM(UTC)
Veeedka

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi VMix SRT experts,

I'm having an issue where, when trying to stream via SRT using H264 and trying to use the hardware encoder, I get the error, "Error: Requested codec is not currently available on this PC. H264, Create"

I am able to use the software encoder totally fine to stream with exactly the same settings via SRT (just disabling the hardware encoder option), I have done all Windows updates, VMix updates (am on 23.0.0.51) and have tried both the latest nVidia Geforce drivers and a version that works on another PC (445.75 and 441.08).

I have reinstalled VMix a number of times, reinstalled graphics drivers, etc.

I can use OBS to use the Hardware encoder option (NVENC), and the graphics card in use is a Geforce GTX 1080 Ti.

Can you guys please help me find out why the hardware encoder isn't available? I also can't find any logs about this or how it tries to select the hardware encoder.

Thanks! :)
elvis55  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:10:33 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:53:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Sorry guys, any discussions or links on how to circumvent the stream limit on GeForce cards is not permitted on these forums.
This is the same as pirating/cracking software....
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 4/16/2020(UTC)
dansarvas  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 1:10:29 AM(UTC)
dansarvas

Brazil

i have the same error here, and unlike the admin post, there is no Hardware encoding crack about this, there is no hardware encoding process in the machine, if you install the HEVC codec from windows Store, the HEVC SRT works, but if you try to use the H264, the same error appears. In one machine I work around reinstalling windows, but I cant do it for all my machines, can you guys think in something?
dansarvas  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 3:04:11 AM(UTC)
dansarvas

Brazil

I made a second test to prove my point, I started my vmix, start the srt (witch gave me the same error), an start an OBS, without close the vmix, and start streaming using hardware encoder (inside OBS), and it works. Then I close obs an try to stream with Vmix with RTMP with hardware encoder and it also works... So the only problem with Hardware encoder is with SRT, anyone have thoughts? (PS, FYI, I have an i9-9900K with an RTX 2080)