logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsulls  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 4:22:08 AM(UTC)
tsulls

Groups: Registered

Hello
two feature requests regarding streamdeck integration with vMix

- Dynamic data feedback or live active buttons changing color. Example - audio on/off for streamdeck would be great if vMix can send the data back, so streamdeck has the option for the button to change red when the audio is on (or white/green when audio is muted). You can also use this for overlays being active, audio buses on/off, etc.

- With remote productions these days there are a LOT of boxes/multiviews/virtual sets being used. Currently say you have 8 callers (on deck not live at once) and you want to prep a segment by putting 2 callers in your two box template. Stream deck can easily route this (change your multiview layer input), but in the shortcut settings in vmix the display thumbnail option that sends frame/reference of that input to streamdeck ONLY works for the input as a whole. It would be great to CHOOSE what input goes to the thumbnail feedback (even if technically wrong). For example. On my streamdeck I want to see the LIVE inputs (essentially callers faces) at all times. Currently, if you set these buttons for multiview routing and turn on the display thumbnail it ONLY shows the mulit-view input as a whole (two box) with the background/borders/callers/etc. I want to be able to set these display thumbnails custom, so in the moment I can easily route/choose my callers to go in certain boxes. This is VERY hard to explain, so I attached a screenshot for reference. I am currently using headshots of the callers (png then change via streamdeck software) which is a pain, especially bc during a long show there could be many many callers swapping out.
Bringing this back to my first request of dynamic data feedback...how cool and dummy-proof would it be if these buttons/callers could then change on my streamdeck when pressed, so I know who is routed to what box at a glance?

Thank you!
Tom

IMG_1858.JPG (3,765kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
TobinT  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
TobinT

Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Can't help with the second one I'm afraid but in regards to the dynamic feedback for streamdeck...
Both streamdeck native app and bitcocus companion are currently able to change colour depending on feed back from VMIX.
For native app you'll need to setup activators in vmix.
For companion every thing is done via the companion web gui.

Hope that helps!
Tone13  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:32:49 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TobinT Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tom,

Can't help with the second one I'm afraid but in regards to the dynamic feedback for streamdeck...
Both streamdeck native app and bitcocus companion are currently able to change colour depending on feed back from VMIX.
For native app you'll need to setup activators in vmix.
For companion every thing is done via the companion web gui.

Hope that helps!

I had this working but since the latest vMix update, it no longer works from within vMix for me.