logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clc  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 9:58:28 AM(UTC)
clc

Groups: Registered
United States

We are a church and use power point PiP in a lot of our multi-view inputs. We have a fixed camera and PTZ with preset inputs. We are using only a single laptop due to space constraints. It is important for our operator to be able to have power point in the large preview screen all the time so they can have the slides be in sync with the service. Your Email support showed how to use the cut direct shortcut. That works for a short cut but you lose the ability to use other transitions.

So my feature request is to a have lock preview option or maybe an input option that bypasses preview on output exit.

Thanks
Keith Lohmeyer
Christ Lutheran Church
raugert  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:12:24 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
You can also "Fade" (or any other transition) directly to an input by using a shortcut. You don't necessarily have to Fade from Preview. That way you can leave your Powerpoint in the Preview window.

Not sure if that's what you looking for...
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
clc on 4/27/2020(UTC)
clc  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:25:16 PM(UTC)
clc

United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
You can also "Fade" (or any other transition) directly to an input by using a shortcut. You don't necessarily have to Fade from Preview. That way you can leave your Powerpoint in the Preview window.

Not sure if that's what you looking for...

Yes I can set shortcuts or mouse click defaults to put an input directly into the output using transitions. My problem is that the previous active input (that was in output) always goes to preview knocking the Power point input out of preview. The cut direct shortcut is the only one that does not cause this to happen.

Keith
ask  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:39:46 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Not quite what you are after, but I use this when using PPoint presentations. On the bottom row of the ppoint input you will find a monitor icon. Clicking on that will display the input almost full screen. You can still switch using shortcuts without losing that display. Clicking on the image will close the display. I setup shortcuts to control the PPoint (and also use a PPoint presenter). These are usually the PgUp/PgDn or Up/Down buttons. The shortcuts to use are Input/NextItem or Input/PreviousItem.

Your other option is to add a small monitor to your laptop and set the PPoint input to display on that monitor.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
clc on 4/27/2020(UTC)
clc  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 8:48:51 PM(UTC)
clc

United States

Thanks for all the suggestions on this. As a new user I can use all the help I can get. Right now we want to try to stick with one laptop. We are using church volunteers for this and want to make it as easy as possible for them. They seem more comfortable mouse clicking inputs to change camera inputs so right now we just have them click the camera to transition to output then a second click on the power point to get it to preview again. Some use the up and down arrow shortcuts we put in to change slides some click the icons. With such a capable piece of software I was surprised this requested feature was not already available. I guess our work flow is different than most users.

Thanks
Keith