logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OPL  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:34:16 AM(UTC)
OPL

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey everyone, with the recent happening worldwide a lot of people I know are in a bit of a pickle when it comes to production away from studios.
So I went ahead and made a walkthrough on the instance types and general setup when it comes to getting VMix running online using AWS.

This is again meant to get you up and running and does not go into extreme detail after that.

Video Here

Some small notes

You should never set your security group to "anywhere" when it comes AWS, I do it solely so I can connect to the server and not show my home IP, you should always white list the IPs that will be connecting to your Vmix as operators.

Once you have set up your AWS server I suggest installing a different Remote Desktop Program as the windows default can cause hitching and instability with Vmix when it's under load.

If you have found better solutions or small tweaks when it comes to your setup don't hesitate to share in the posts, this is meant purely as a starting point for people new to cloud usage and can always be optimized better.
thanks 6 users thanked OPL for this useful post.
Video Dave on 4/23/2020(UTC), TobinT on 4/28/2020(UTC), R_L on 5/3/2020(UTC), RobLambert on 6/29/2020(UTC), NewsworthyVision on 7/25/2020(UTC), yimmyo on 4/8/2021(UTC)
snexola  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 12:25:24 AM(UTC)
snexola

Nigeria

thanks OPL
craigreilly  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 4:10:01 AM(UTC)
craigreilly

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)