logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hubionmac  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:57:52 PM(UTC)
hubionmac

Groups: Registered
Germany

We use the VMIX currently as a simple Videomixer, but since it seems to be able to show and gernerate graphics from a datasource I took a closer look on that feature.
My Task is to make a live score-board which shows not just the name and the penalties, but also the current running time..
The timing machine servers this data currently via a UDP broadcast, that is read by another graphics-machine, to show the current time.
In VMIX doing this by a self-updating data-source via file-refresh or a json reload seems to be a bit buggy. Since it generates a fairly high network load because connections are re-established every n-millisecons.
Is there a way to use something like a websocket or udp-connections to push live-data into a data source?
I played around with a web-page using websocket and loading that into vmix, which solves the case, but makes it a bit of a workaround to me, since I have to design html now instead of using the build in vmix graphics-editor.

Any ideas?
xemles  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 11:05:51 PM(UTC)
xemles

France, Metropolitan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Unsure about that, however you can try using the vMix Clock and Timer Options and make your data source calculate an offset from the current time of your machine, that could work since you can use those within Data sources
doggy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:01:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
We feed a clock time directly to a title though httprequests.
in our case the timer data is read through a serial port and a small app reads that and sends it to a title . easily manage 1/1000sec but that looks like ... ( well one can not read that fast anyway) so until timing i done it is display to 1/10sec