logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KnKproductions  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 10:52:58 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
We're on episode three now, and having vmix call is the greatest asset. The quality is VERY good in both audio and video (the audio is used for a podcast).
The first episode, I used the built-in virtual sets to manage three guests at once, however I really didn't like the spacing between the squares. Since then, I've made my own inputs using the multiview feature and just creating whatever layouts I want to use. So far, so good!

This is episode three and probably our best one yet:

Episode two had really bad issues and turns out it was my fault. Had the CPU maxed out without realizing it and the vmix call just couldn't come through. Resorted to a ghetto blast setup of calling the guy on my phone and putting it on speakerphone between a mic and a headset. Amazingly it worked, but obviously not as good as vmix call would have.

We've got at least 10 more live streams lined up too, would love to see the show get some good viewings.

Learning a lot while making it too, and always trying to improve the setup in vMix to keep it fresh.
I already know there was a couple mess-ups in this one, for instance the title under the guest isn't symmetrical with the hosts and I didn't restart the intro song when we rolled the intro video. WHoops :) otherwise it went well with only two bandwidth dips from our guest.

And this is the last time I let a guest on the show without earbuds or headphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
KnKproductions  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:15:42 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are some BTS pictures 20200409_141614.jpg (3,032kb) downloaded 39 time(s). 20200409_150448.jpg (3,092kb) downloaded 19 time(s). 20200409_141552.jpg (2,930kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked KnKproductions for this useful post.
Simsyuk on 5/10/2020(UTC)