logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kovacika  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 5:04:57 AM(UTC)
Kovacika

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: bpiddy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kovacika Go to Quoted Post
Do you have any plans to release the webserver/backend portion of this? I would love to be able to build custom landing pages and have custom URLs. A way to include a password to prevent unauthorized access would be good too. Id even be happy to pay if I got those features.

Couple things here --

1) Not necessarily opposed to either releasing/open sourcing the backend or allowing customization of the landing page HTML. Now that the .50 bug is (hopefully) out of the way, I'll certainly give this some thought!

2) Interesting you brought up the password topic/feedback - I was going for a high-entropy "just works" URL, so that it's more or less un-guessable (or at least a lot less guessable than the vMix Call passwords themselves), and the only thing a caller needs to do is click a link and not worry about anything else, then you can reset the keys/URLs after your event is over to invalidate the links for that event/day. Curious what use case(s) make a password add value here..

Awesome feedback - thanks!
B

1.Thanks again for everything you are doing, this is a really cool project and I appreciate you being open to the idea of open sourcing or releasing the backend.

2. The password would be a single password for all users, just to keep anybody who might accidentally (and yes, I am aware of how small a chance of this happening is) stumbling across the web page having access. My use case would be send users to www.mycompany.com/eventname and then they enter a simple password (eg: eventname1234) and they are in. Basically not having to worry about distributing lots of vmix numbers to lots of people, or worry about them changing.
Kovacika  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:14:31 AM(UTC)
Kovacika

United States

Also, just another confirmation that .51 breaks it. Receiving Error: Error communicating with vMix (may not be started) - System.InvalidOperationException There is an error in the XML document (1, 383)
lestra  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:01:03 PM(UTC)
lestra

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would like guest to just have to tap/click on Join Call. Not to show him any fields for entering anything. Also is it possible to remotely set Desktop Site on smartphone browser?
streamstuff  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 9:47:05 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: bpiddy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kovacika Go to Quoted Post
Do you have any plans to release the webserver/backend portion of this? I would love to be able to build custom landing pages and have custom URLs. A way to include a password to prevent unauthorized access would be good too. Id even be happy to pay if I got those features.

Couple things here --

1) Not necessarily opposed to either releasing/open sourcing the backend or allowing customization of the landing page HTML. Now that the .50 bug is (hopefully) out of the way, I'll certainly give this some thought!

2) Interesting you brought up the password topic/feedback - I was going for a high-entropy "just works" URL, so that it's more or less un-guessable (or at least a lot less guessable than the vMix Call passwords themselves), and the only thing a caller needs to do is click a link and not worry about anything else, then you can reset the keys/URLs after your event is over to invalidate the links for that event/day. Curious what use case(s) make a password add value here..

Awesome feedback - thanks!
B

This is amazing - +1 to either releasing/open source of backend. This would be a game changer for many of our productions if we had more control over it.

Would also be great to see advanced.vmixcall.com links implemented!
Eric Marodon  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 3:49:31 AM(UTC)
Eric Marodon

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Brandon,

This looks amazingly useful for what I do...

I'd be extremely grateful if it was possible to customize the URL/Landing page (= eg : change the photo and title of the button as we don't call it "broadcast" since we're offering classes and not even for english speaking customers).

A corresponding link to "advanced.vmixcall" would be wonderful too.

I applaud your willingness to release it, but I'd even be ready to support the development if that could help you.

All the best,
Eric
danhoff  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:24:31 AM(UTC)
danhoff

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1 to all of the praise & requests in this thread! Nicely done workaround!
DaveT  
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:07:39 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
When someone disconnects or closes the window, the vmix call input does not become available again within the agent for me.

This is the one issue I run into with it.

Is great otherwise (would love to have available as white label and work with beta/advanced)