logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cpilcher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:50:29 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Hi all,

I normally use vMix to stream Fights and other sports events. But due to the current situation we have had to close our martial arts school temporarily. vMix has helped us stay in touch with our students and they are loving the content we are providing. I have not had much experience with the social side of the software but we seem to be up to speed on most of it now. I do have a few questions after reviewing the forums though.

1. We created a Private Facebook Group which I am an Admin of. I streamed tonight to the group and it showed as my personal account was posting the live video in the group page. I'm not sure if I can select our business as the posting entity rather than my personal...

2. I had originally followed Tims video tutorial on streaming to Facebook, I believe it was from early 2020. His method was selecting the group page from the drop down menu on the stream settings page. After following the instructions and allowing vMix in Facebook settings I still could not find the group page as an option. I ended up using the Custom RTMP (which I may prefer after using it), but regardless I would like to know if I missed something...

3. I am loving vMix social integration. I will try to post some of our videos in a bit, but we have been doing martial arts questions & answer sessions with our students. Being able to bring the posts on-screen with the name and images is making me look like a rock star. Is it still not possible to use vMix social with the private group we made in Facebook? I can understand the limitations due to privacy settings and not public access, but just to make sure I am correct I thought I would ask.

Once again, thanks for many years of trouble free productions, and allowing me to bring big league features while just being... 1 guy with 1 PC... I'm the first to say that right? :-)

CPilcher
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:57:35 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Anyone have any input on these 3 questions?