logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ticker  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 7:09:57 PM(UTC)
ticker

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Hey all first time post.

I have an opener I have created which cuts to a live wide shot of the studio as the music fades out. I have a video file which I have green in the place of where I'd like to cut to camera 3. At the end of the opener video file, I'd like it to cut to camera one MCU shot. But it won't.

I have tried using chromakey and then the multi view feature, creating a virtual input of the camera I'd like to cut to, then using multi view to select the opener input on top.

When I cut to the virtual input, the opener plays as normal, audio plays, camera 3 comes up in the right spot, but then it freezes, or it just stays on the camera input. I have tried triggering it using the delay, I've done on completion cut to camera one on both the opener input and the camera input, to no avail.

Today I replaced the green with an alpha channel, but no luck.

Anyone have any thoughts? Only other option I can think of is to bring the audio track to the opener in as a separate input. Trigger it to start when the opener runs, and instead of green or alpha, just have the opener vision finish and trigger cut to the wide angle live shot.

Anyone done this before? Seems like a pretty normal part of TV production but I'm used to Mosart.
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 8:38:40 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
I'm not sure if I understood it right, but have you tried the Playlist feature? On the settings of the Opener you have to deactivate "automatically mix audio" (have to trigger the Audio instead) and "pause after transition", so it keeps on playing. In the Playlist you put the Opener video first, set the duration to where you want to cut to camera 3, put camera 3 second in the Playlist, set duration when you want to cut to camera 1, put camera 1 third in the Playlist.
ask  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:56:05 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Happy to help with this. PM me if you want a hand.