logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
deputydaveni  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 12:00:58 AM(UTC)
deputydaveni

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

New here and pretty new to Vmix (since moving over from Wirecast) and have been loving it compared with my previous experience. We've been using some of the built in virtual sets and they're working great however I'd like to be able to put 'Talent A' (inside his VS) into a Double box with say a VMix caller but when i go to do so (as it works with any other input) the VS appears outside the box with no (apparent! for a noob) way to resize or crop.

Virtual Set overlapping

I've looked around here and online and have come up with nothing (telling me that it might just be me missing something!).

Thanks in advance for any help!

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 1:16:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ deputydaveni

The short answer is: you will need to crop each layer in the original "1 virtualstudiosets.com_9B_WIDE" Input (or use the full wide shot and not Zoom in).

The long answer is, well I wont get into it, but suffice it to say that Input MultiViews (and by extension Virtual Sets) are not pre-rendered when used in other Input MultiViews.
As such, each layer is still independent and the crop feature of the "WDoubleBox-News" Input only sees the base layer of the Input (which actually has nothing as everything is a layer overtop).
Also note, Input MultiViews of Input MultiViews only allow two layers deep after which point you will lose the bottom most layer(s).
I hope that helps to explain it.

Ice