logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeeJay  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:50:02 PM(UTC)
DeeJay

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey there,

I do use vmix in an elite league sports venue and had great success so far. But every now and then I stumble over things which could be better or let's say even more convenient. I sure know it is always a question of effort and requests but I'll just let you know how my christmas wish to vmix looks like:
We create highlight clips through the save of a video delay option. As I do not want to have the recorded sounds go back to the speakers in the rink (average 5.000 spectators) I disable the audio-button and also disable the automatically mix audio box. So far so good.
BUT when I want to use the saved files for a post-game highlight reel for our youtube channel there is of course no sound with the files. And that sucks.

I would love to have an option like in the Outputs tab in the settings where I can choose if sound is not saved at all, saved only with the file on the hard disk or also saved with the input which got created.
In an other thread I read the request to recode all the audio part of vmix. Maybe a kind of a matrix (which input sound goes to which and how many outputs) could help here?

Greetings,
Daniel
thanks 2 users thanked DeeJay for this useful post.
TVIason on 12/20/2013(UTC), krassesPferd on 6/1/2014(UTC)
krassesPferd  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 8:51:31 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1
I would need audio in my video delay clips, too. I have to do a highlight-cut after every game and the league wants atmosphere there. So this would be a great improvement
Innomedia  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:23:05 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
+1
This is exactly what many of my customers also need. vMix is used for highlight and streaming production in different professional sports. The problem is to switch audio on and off for different purposes. As described here by DeeJay you do not need audio for live output of video delays during an event. Sound will bother the audience then. But of course you need audio (live atmosphere) for rough cut and after-game purposes (YouTube/Facebook, upload to league server, image trailer for sponsor and so on).

My guess is to make a drop-down when adding a video delay (like in Add-Input / Capture). There you can select an audio source for the video delay at recording. An option within the delay list or clip will determine whether you play audio or not. So audio source of your choice will automatically be saved with the delay but you can decide to play recorded audio during highlights or not. With this solution you will have live audio saved with the highlight clips for after-game purposes. Maybe some new shortcuts like "DelayAudioOn/Off" will make it easy to toggle between both states.

Merry christmas.

Karsten
TVIason  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:55:36 PM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Yeah I was posting about advanced audio feautures aswell.
For me it would be great if there is a headphone pre-listen button on each source so you can hear whats going on without sending it to the public
-a vmix master stream out mix that controls the audio of the live stream/external vmix audio device
-a vmix master record out mix '' '' recorded video.

I think this option would also appeal to most of the people that want to make highlight clips like you.

Iason
DeeJay  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2014 4:32:19 PM(UTC)
DeeJay

Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
With that major update for vmix comming up, I would like to bring my request from December back up. With all the redesigned Audio engine, this feature would be still awesome to have for me!
thanks 1 user thanked DeeJay for this useful post.
krassesPferd on 6/1/2014(UTC)
krassesPferd  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2014 6:49:51 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Still +1
Saving audio in a video delay would save much time. Now I have to do the highlight cut seperately after every game without having the possibility to use my saved video delay clips. With audio in the clips I just have to record the playout of my highlight list. This would make it easier and save me much time after every game.
Regards,
Yannick
Ash  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 9:20:17 PM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Yes please. For same reason as everyone else. It would save so much time for the cuts in sports videos.

Giving a choice makes the application more usable.
Innomedia  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:45:12 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
+1

We still need this feature (audio matrix for recording purposes) for our sports customers urgently.

Greets
Karsten
r@wisla  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:39:24 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
+1
r@wisla  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 7:28:00 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

This feature request is almost one year old. Will it be taken into account, please?

It will save us SOOOO MUCH TIME doing highlight clips after the event.
MegaJos  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 7:07:22 PM(UTC)
MegaJos

Add me to that wish list. I filmed my first hockey game today and found that I can't use any of the replays in a highlight reel because it lacks audio. Annoying and time consuming!

Superawesome idea: when the replay is added to a list automatically it has no audio (or played at reduced speed). But when you add your own list it has audio. Perhaps if it has another color or something.

vMix good, lack of audio bad!
r@wisla  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:26:05 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

MegaJos wrote:
Superawesome idea: when the replay is added to a list automatically it has no audio (or played at reduced speed). But when you add your own list it has audio. Perhaps if it has another color or something.

Instant replay playlist should be muted by default.