logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
autarh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:12:07 AM(UTC)
autarh

Groups: Registered
Serbia

Hi,
i would like to give one suggestion ...
We are Youtube NEWS channel and we would like to have live coverage of Corona issues every day in our country...
But we have problems getting guest in studio, they are scared to get out of house .. and we think that VMIX CALL can give us solution of this problem ...

Unfortunately our license is 4K and it has only two callers...

Is it possible that during this period u raise the number of callers for all versions of Vmix?

And after this to offer discount for this option ?
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:07:33 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Why not take a look into SRT. It "just" needs an App called larix broadcaster at the far end and an open port per guest in the studio (vMix machine). If you open 10 ports you can have 10 guests. All with constant latency. This way you get rid of some limitations of vmixCall that are webRTC based (720p, variable latency, quality).

I personally don't think there is a need for "opening" vMixCall. And honestly, you have the chance to upgrade to PRO with additional callers.
autarh  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:25:09 AM(UTC)
autarh

Serbia

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Why not take a look into SRT. It "just" needs an App called larix broadcaster at the far end and an open port per guest in the studio (vMix machine). If you open 10 ports you can have 10 guests. All with constant latency. This way you get rid of some limitations of vmixCall that are webRTC based (720p, variable latency, quality).

I personally don't think there is a need for "opening" vMixCall. And honestly, you have the chance to upgrade to PRO with additional callers.

Can u explain a little bit more about Larix brodcaster?
Also please notice that this "larix" will need to be handled on other end with doctors, economi persons, calabrities.. and so on ..
i am not sure that they can handle it ... we are here speaking about common people ..

autarh  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:00:16 AM(UTC)
autarh

Serbia

just checked... it will not work at all.. from two reasons..
1 it is complicated for regular people to install it properly...
2 it does not have Vmix Output1 so people can hear each other...
sinc747  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:39:27 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
vMix announced tonight that the new release of vMix will increase the number of vMix Call caller in version 4K from two caller to four callers!

- Tom
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
Matou on 3/20/2020(UTC)
autarh  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
autarh

Serbia

Originally Posted by: sinc747 Go to Quoted Post
vMix announced tonight that the new release of vMix will increase the number of vMix Call caller in version 4K from two caller to four callers!

- Tom

That is a great news !
Just started updating my Vmix!

Thanks Vmix this is very helpful.

Last night government of Serbia has banned persons over 65 years to go outside of homes 24-7 and we have a police hour from 20 up to 5 for the rest of population...
ThommiTechnik  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:34:44 PM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: autarh Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
i would like to give one suggestion ...
We are Youtube NEWS channel and we would like to have live coverage of Corona issues every day in our country...
But we have problems getting guest in studio, they are scared to get out of house .. and we think that VMIX CALL can give us solution of this problem ...

Unfortunately our license is 4K and it has only two callers...

Is it possible that during this period u raise the number of callers for all versions of Vmix?

And after this to offer discount for this option ?

Even, if it is a very fine behavior of Martin, to open and widen the possibilities in the various editions, I'm sorry to say, that the responsibility is by you. If you want to work professional, you'll have to invest, like a lot of other users. Or to find a workaround, if you can't invest. So, not 10 callers at a time, but the (now) 4, and then the next 4, and so on.

This crisis we have, will also sort out the market, I think.
autarh  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:48:10 PM(UTC)
autarh

Serbia

Originally Posted by: ThommiTechnik Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: autarh Go to Quoted Post

Even, if it is a very fine behavior of Martin, to open and widen the possibilities in the various editions, I'm sorry to say, that the responsibility is by you. If you want to work professional, you'll have to invest, like a lot of other users. Or to find a workaround, if you can't invest. So, not 10 callers at a time, but the (now) 4, and then the next 4, and so on.

This crisis we have, will also sort out the market, I think.

Average monthly salary in Serbia is around 350 euros (400 usd)... maybe u can now see why Martin decision is so important for country like Serbia...
Here is our channel https://www.youtube.com/...UCCEfd7b6daGxt1KbHU4tj1A

And no, it will not sort the market, because almost 95% of Serbian channels (Crotian, Romanina, Bulgarian, Slovenian ...) use pirated version of various software, because software is incredible expensive for us...

On the other hand, Youtube as our only income (for Serbia CPM is 10-20 times lower than in USA) and our market is about 8.000.000 people in whole world... u can not really expect any serious money that can finance production ...
But somehow we manage to survive by doing multiple jobs, and investing in software and equipment.. and for the last year equipment was our priority ...
i hope it is now much clearer why Martin decision is so important for us.

Thanks Martin !

spino  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:59:57 PM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think we must say "Thank you" to Martin for his sensivity. I think Vmix 4k has a good rate between capabilities and cost and I think that new "4 callers" has a good rate. If you want more you must buy Vmix Pro.
autarh  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:44:25 PM(UTC)
autarh

Serbia

Originally Posted by: spino Go to Quoted Post
I think we must say "Thank you" to Martin for his sensivity. I think Vmix 4k has a good rate between capabilities and cost and I think that new "4 callers" has a good rate. If you want more you must buy Vmix Pro.

We have bought 4K long time ago :) and now with 4 callers it is best sogftwrae available :)
I hope we will have first live tonight !