logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nethfel  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:13:43 AM(UTC)
nethfel

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I've normally been using regular cameras with capture devices (ie: magewell) for bringing in video signals. We are looking at doing a more permanent installation of some PTZ cameras, but I honestly don't know what would be good quality at a reasonable price? We're hoping for 1080p, PTZ, $1K or less per camera. I know many people like different brands, I just don't know where to start in terms of decent for that price range. the vMix site has a lot of network cameras that are compatible but I was hoping to hear from users that found specific makes/models that worked well for them so I can research them further to make a final choice.

I put up a separate post ( https://forums.vmix.com/...one-tried-Avipas-cameras ) on a specific camera I came across after posting this question, since that was on a specific camera compatibility I didn't think it really fit here beyond that it fit within my budget and a PTZ camera.
cho123  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 3:27:40 AM(UTC)
cho123

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I can recommend a few brands.

PTZoptics
Birddog
Panasonic

I use PTZoptics x12.
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:02:46 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cho123 Go to Quoted Post
I can recommend a few brands.

PTZoptics
Birddog
Panasonic

I use PTZoptics x12.

None of those are $1k or less. Most are in the $2k - $3k range.

At that price you're limited to security/surveillance cameras that deliver RTMP/RTSP. Or video conference cameras that connect via DVI or USB.
TBacker  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:41:53 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
nethfel - I responded to your other thread about AviPas. It can be a low cost option for you with caveats.

Another option is to get a 4K camera into vMix and create digital zoom subshots. 4K allows a bit of digital PTZ (within reason) without loosing quality if you are running 1080p for your final product. This only works if you can fit your pan/tilt extremes into the field of view of the 4K camera, but it's a viable option for many scenarios.

AIDA makes the UHD6G-200 4K SDI camera (Chinese) (get the latest rev with more venting), or you could also dig up a lower end DSLR with clean 4K HDMI output like a Sony A6100 or Canon EOS Rebel SL3. PTZOptics makes a 4K camera with a 1080p output that you can digitally PTZ directly in the camera (PTEPTZ-ZCAM-G2). I've never used one, but it goes to the same method I mentioned in the paragraph above (except the PTZ is in-camera).

As you have no doubt encountered, getting quality video into the system is the most expensive part. Doing so inside a tight budget is a bit of an art and R&D exercise all rolled into one.
Ronald555  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 9:02:26 PM(UTC)
Ronald555

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I found a very interesting PTZ camera.
It is the Avonic CM70-IP (successor to the CM60). (around €1500,=)
(20x zoom/0,05Lx/HDMI/3G-SDI/USB2.0 (1080p30)/Tally)