logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aprilrain84  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 7:21:20 AM(UTC)
Aprilrain84

Groups: Registered
Woman
Canada

Hello, I am having several issues with vMix that I hope that I can carefully outline:

System Specifications:
Processor:AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
RAM: 8.00GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (updated)
Using Audio Input: Line (3-Steinberg UR22mkll)

Issue:
I have been using vMix successfully for a year, recently renewed for another year. For the past 5 months, I have been operating with two cameras, connected using CamLink via the 3.0 USB port. For the past 2 weeks, I have been having issues, which is really frustrating when live streaming.

1)The program will run smoothly, then an input for one of the cameras will freeze. Close the input box, go to Add input, click "Camera" input, and it only shows "Sample Input". The vMix does not recognize any of the CamLinks which it did before.

2) Also, when I add input,click "Camera" input, and click the CamLink, it says the Capture resolution is not accepted, it advises that we choose 720x480p. This is after it has been running 1920x1080p, and considering Camlink with its HDMI input it captures/accepts resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 at 30p.

3)The live streaming is going on, and unexpectedly, one of the screens on the vMix program goes black.

4)When I go to Add input, click "Camera" input, and select one of the CamLink inputs for the video, one of two things happen; a)the input will open up on the board, but nothing shows up, almost like it's transparent. b) the screen is orange and staticky.

I would really be grateful for any help that you can provide.
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 10:14:15 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I have been using them as well, and also had lots of troubles with them. I also tested them in OBS: constantly freezing, even after checking the roothub is not shared with other USB devices.
admin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 11:20:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi,

If it no longer shows up in the list, it means that it is no longer detected by Windows.
I have seen this happen on older systems USB ports. Given the older AMD system it is likely a USB compatibility issue with the CamLink.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 5:13:56 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aprilrain84 Go to Quoted Post

2) Also, when I add input,click "Camera" input, and click the CamLink, it says the Capture resolution is not accepted, it advises that we choose 720x480p. This is after it has been running 1920x1080p, and considering Camlink with its HDMI input it captures/accepts resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 at 30p.

That bit right there suggests a USB fault of some kind. CamLink does not support compression. As a result, you only get up to 720p30 when connected to a USB 2 port.

It will only support 1080p or higher when connected to a USB 3.0 port.

Also, if you are using two CamLinks, you need to be certain that they're connected to separate USB controllers. Otherwise they will be bandwidth constrained.

If you have an available PCIe slot, I'd suggest adding a USB 3.o card. They're cheap.The addition of the second controller will give you an assured functional, and independent set of ports.

Aprilrain84  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:28:29 AM(UTC)
Aprilrain84

Woman
Canada

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aprilrain84 Go to Quoted Post

That bit right there suggests a USB fault of some kind. CamLink does not support compression. As a result, you only get up to 720p30 when connected to a USB 2 port.

It will only support 1080p or higher when connected to a USB 3.0 port.

Also, if you are using two CamLinks, you need to be certain that they're connected to separate USB controllers. Otherwise they will be bandwidth constrained.

If you have an available PCIe slot, I'd suggest adding a USB 3.o card. They're cheap.The addition of the second controller will give you an assured functional, and independent set of ports.

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. The computer has 3, 3.0 USB ports, which two of which are being used by separate CamLinks. Therefore I'm not sure why vMix would accept the resolution of one input, but not both. Also, this request from vMix is not consistent. If we are experiencing issues, and restart the computer, restart vMix then add all the inputs back, there are no issues, or the Camlinks aren't shown in the drop menu of inputs for the camera.
Aprilrain84  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:35:12 AM(UTC)
Aprilrain84

Woman
Canada

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

If it no longer shows up in the list, it means that it is no longer detected by Windows.
I have seen this happen on older systems USB ports. Given the older AMD system it is likely a USB compatibility issue with the CamLink.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Thank you very much! My concern is that everything connects no issues, and has been for the past number of months, however in the past few weeks, inconsistent issues are showing up, so it's hard to debate what exactly is the issue. One minute everything is recognized and works, then the program freezes, I then have to stop mid-live stream to restart the program, then it either doesn't recognize any camera inputs, or it recognizes only one. If the issue is compatibility, then shouldn't it not be able to work at all?