logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrianE  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:56:56 AM(UTC)
BrianE

Groups: Registered
United States

I've been looking, but I'm not seeing any direct requirements in terms of what type of system would be required for different features. The Reference Systems only point to what they are intended for, but not what the requirements are for functionality.

The Obsidian Reference System notes it is only recommended for 4k up to 30 fps, or 1080p at 60. Is this simply the hardware limitation of that build, or does vMix not handle 60/59.94 fps well regardless of system specs?

To use multicoder, what are the additional resources required per video source saved? I'm looking to potentially save 5-6 4k 60 camera signals simultaneously (probably from SDI, but may do some Full NDI), plus the save of the mix, plus streaming. Are there required specifications per signal differences between the different encoding formats? Are there estimates in terms of what is required for different effects/overlays?

I'm asking in General vs Systems because I'm more looking for any requirements that are documented, rather than specific hardware that has been used. I understand any system able to handle all of this would have to be fairly beefy. But I doubt I need to take the specs of Obsidian and multiply by 12 to get what is needed (twice the frame rate, 6 times the files generated).

Thanks for your time.