logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maven2  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 3:22:41 AM(UTC)
maven2

Groups: Registered

I understand the current 4 Instant Replay outputs are due to previous hardware limitations. As of today, however, there are very powerful i9 processors at the top-of-the-line that should be able to handle 6-8 instant replays. I hope there could be a specifications-based unlocking of these extra numbers for the vMix PRO edition.
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 6:38:11 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I think when you start going bigger is when it starts making sense to have another comp with more replays and a whole replay station, 6-8 can't really be managed in one space in most circumstances
maven2  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 6:52:31 AM(UTC)
maven2

Wasn't intending to run in from one space. The idea was to use the NDI framework together with vMix UTC or scripts to control the Replay feeds.

For the less savvy, the Replay feeds could also be extended into a separate screen and controlled by a control device that has all its shortcuts set.

But that's besides the point. Handling more feeds also mean you get more multicorder feeds if you're not replaying and more angles for your camera replay.

Barney Box Lane  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 9:21:26 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I know what you mean you have a beast computer and operate it remotely but I was wondering if you're pushing toward the same cost, I'd rather a second comp than a beefy 8 replay comp if the price was close.. just throwing it out for debate
Rinsky  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 11:15:59 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
For me the problem is operating 8 replay channels on two computers:

How can I create highlight reels with all video inputs during the breaks or even just for one highlight?
Switching controls from one computer to another to operate 4 more replay channels is not very handy
Bringing all camera angles together for pre-production would also be a lot more confusing when some files are on one pc and some on the other.

If there is a solution to control both replay machines from with one computer and play and export them alltogether, then I wouldn't mind using two PCs.

I heard that someone was able to achieve something like this, but I have now idea how to get this done. Can anyone explain?
Radiotvpat1982  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:13:28 PM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
As good as the replay system is for the price, I think there could be some major improvements even if it meant some additional cost.

I would like to see an 8 channel option. I would also like to see the ability to add a file to a playlist like an interstitial for sports.

Here are some more likes:

Independent full control over A & B channels

Ability to send and pull replays from 2 separate drives

Mix and Match frame rates (30, 60, 120)

Ability to label Event Bins to text like "Home, Away, Star, Color, Pre, Half, Post"

Creation of a vertical playlist mode with the choice to add transition between clips in playlist (Fades, Cuts & Custom)

This fall I plan to use VMIX replay as just a replay machine in conjunction with my Tricaster. Maybe a future option to have an advanced software specifically for using as a replay machine only would be great.

maven2  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:06:59 AM(UTC)
maven2

Barney Box Lane wrote:
I know what you mean you have a beast computer and operate it remotely but I was wondering if you're pushing toward the same cost, I'd rather a second comp than a beefy 8 replay comp if the price was close.. just throwing it out for debate

The problem with a two computer system is that I cannot have a single control over 6-8 camera angles like I currently have with the 4 camera angles. If there were a way to stack the vMix replays - for example, by being able to control camera replays for the same 30second segment over both vMix systems through a single UI, that would be perfect. As yet, I cannot think of a way to do this even with the ever wonderful 3rd party UTC.
HatchBroadcast  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:50:47 PM(UTC)
HatchBroadcast

United Kingdom

" I would also like to see the ability to add a file to a playlist like an interstitial for sports."

I need this too!
Robert Grafe  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 9:43:30 PM(UTC)
Robert Grafe

Man
Germany

We are also on an Sports Production and use 8 Cameras. There is a big need for more than 4 Channels, minimum 6 in the Future. Doesnt matter if it costs extra or not...
marknotts  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 9:34:39 AM(UTC)
marknotts

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1 for everything in #6