logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
y.tonkov  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 8:52:48 PM(UTC)
y.tonkov

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am experiencing an issue with VMIX SRT Output. The video stops after 1-2 hours of running and there is only ¬128kbps of audio traffic present. Restarting the SRT process from vMix fixes the problem.

I am running vMix SRT output(Caller) to Haivision, MWEdge (Listener). The specs of the machine are I5-8265u, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA MX250 2GB.

Encoding settings are SD, 25fps, H.264 2Mbps, AAC 128 Kbps, Latency is 100ms(x4 the ping). I’ve tried using Hardware encoder selected, hardware encoder + low power encoder or just the Intel CPU. The input source signal is file on loop or test colour bars signal. When running my CPU or GPU load is staying around 10%, it rarely exceeds 20%...

What could be the reason for the video to stop?
thanks 1 user thanked y.tonkov for this useful post.
seb666 on 2/7/2020(UTC)
seb666  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 6:24:06 PM(UTC)
seb666

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: y.tonkov Go to Quoted Post
I am experiencing an issue with VMIX SRT Output. The video stops after 1-2 hours of running and there is only ¬128kbps of audio traffic present. Restarting the SRT process from vMix fixes the problem.

I am running vMix SRT output(Caller) to Haivision, MWEdge (Listener). The specs of the machine are I5-8265u, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA MX250 2GB.

Encoding settings are SD, 25fps, H.264 2Mbps, AAC 128 Kbps, Latency is 100ms(x4 the ping). I’ve tried using Hardware encoder selected, hardware encoder + low power encoder or just the Intel CPU. The input source signal is file on loop or test colour bars signal. When running my CPU or GPU load is staying around 10%, it rarely exceeds 20%...

What could be the reason for the video to stop?

I experienced SRT video output stopping multiple time in different scenarios, when a machine sends multiple SRTs. Really annoying is, that atm it's only possible to find out, if you have the statistics open and watch your renderer drops. There is no other indicator that an SRT channel is down. I wrote to vMix support and Martin told me, they wanted to start a test run themselves. I will ask about the status but would recommend you also open a support ticket.
admin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 3:16:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Please email us if you are experiencing issues with SRT outputs in vMix.
We have been running extended tests for many days and have not been able to replicate any issues on our end, so the more reports
we receive from other systems the better chance of being able to track down the cause.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Thanks to those that emailed us to help track down this issue.
It has now been fixed in the 23.0.0.39 update.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
seb666 on 2/10/2020(UTC)