logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Studio1059  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 2:50:10 PM(UTC)
Studio1059

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi There,

I'm new to Vmix and have been tearing my hair out these last two days trying to figure out why I can't get the "create input at this position" to work consistently on one of my two cameras. It works perfectly as expected using "PTZoptcs over Visca UDP" on my PTZOptics Gen 2 12x (via Cat6), however when using my AverCam530 via USB, using the UVC PTZ Device type, it creates the new input just fine, but somehow forgets the pan location when I go back to select it.

For example: I create input 1 of the home location. If I zoom in or out, and /or tilt up or down, and create any number of presets - no problem! As soon as I pan the camera, or attempt to create an input that has used a pan in either direction - the previous inputs all lose their proper pan locations, and base their shot from the new / current pan location. The tilt and zoom positions still appear to be memorized however.

I'm pretty sure it's not the camera as the hot keys function in the Aver PTZ App allow it to memorize and recall preset positions using pan, tilt, and zoom just fine. Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for any help that you can offer. Do let me know if you need any more information.

Andy
Studio1059  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:34:06 PM(UTC)
Studio1059

United States

Do Vmix staff look at this forum and respond to issues? Have a provided all the pertinent information? Is there another approach I should be taking to resolve this issue with Vmix? I am a new / potential customer, having just started my 60 day free trial so don’t believe I have full support options available. Many thanks.
db@davebelis.com  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:14:22 AM(UTC)
db@davebelis.com

United States

I am having a similar issue with PTZ Optics camera over Visca UDP. USB control over cameras with Xbox controller is flawless. Virtual Inputs do not snap to position. I am able to store presets in the cameras on their web interface and trigger via the browser, but unable to trigger a position via Vmix.

Update: Rebuilt the session. Works. No explanation why it stopped but it works now.