logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shd  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:09:53 AM(UTC)
shd

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I would like to have second External. So on one i could use PROGRAM output, and on second one an Multiview output. Is it possible? It would be the great option :) I am waiting for answer about it.
bchris999  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:58:39 AM(UTC)
bchris999

+1 for this.

My use case would be this:

Used in a meeting room where Lync meetings take place. I would want to have a Desktop Capture input for PowerPoint (need the full transitions and the ability for the presenter to use the mouse etc) then....

1st screen: vMix main window
2nd screen: Lync remote participants capture (plus any other misc items open on the vMix PC)
3rd screen: vMix Multiview screen
4th screen: selectable output connected to room screen (projector)..... would either be a static image (maybe company logo), the desktop capture input (to show the slides from the Desktop capture in the main room) or video playback in some situations.

On the main mixed output, I would send this to the Lync meeting using the virtual video device.
The 4th screen would be a basic output. Single input selectable would do, bonus for a basic quick fade effect when changing inputs.No preview needed.

I think this could also be used for a number of other situations. At the moment, this can be just about achieved if I loose the Multiview and put Lync on the same screen as vMix (with a very high screen res) and using 2 screens, but more flexibility as above would be amazing. Think split streaming output and 2nd room screen output, keeping the Multiview in play too.
chrissi  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 9:46:12 AM(UTC)
chrissi

+1 for second GPU out. Less delay than SDI. Would be great.
shd  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 7:24:42 AM(UTC)
shd

to vMix Team: is it possible ? ;)
mikegauer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:49:56 PM(UTC)
mikegauer

+1 for this.

I am currently building a video system for my church, and the question was raised whether we should get a multiplexer to show all the camera feeds. My initial uneducated response was that Vmix could output a multiview so we can save our preciously tight budget for other things. I've been playing with the trial at home and of course learned that you have to choose between a multiview OR main output, but not both. So now, with my heart sunkened a bit knowing I don't have another grand for a multiplexer, I started playing with the notion of having the multiview as Vmix's main output, and then pulling up VLC player to tap into DirectShow and show the full screen output on the projector, assuming that would solve my problem... But alas, directshow seems to have a prohibitive 1/4 - 1/2 second delay.

Has anybody used any DirectShow capable viewers that did not have the latency? That would seem to be the easy fix if possible.

Otherwise having a multi-monitor-beyond-two would be the only other fix aside from the original post here.

Very curious to see Martin's opinion on if this is accomplishable.
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:31:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I've talked briefly about this before and there are one main points we need to consider:

Most graphics cards support only two outputs in total. They may have three connectors, but only two can be used at a time.
This is slowly changing with high end cards supporting 3+, but it is not yet the norm.

Perhaps if those that want this feature could post what graphics cards they are using I can confirm if three outputs is possible.
r@wisla  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:08:14 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
What about two graphic card installed?
chrissi  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:56:42 AM(UTC)
chrissi

@Martin

You don't need special graphic card. Many cards can output 3840 x 1080, thus 2 x full HD side by side. Using a matrox dual/triple head2go will give you 2 x full HD DVI outs. Just software needs to produce this combined image.
mikegauer  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 1:30:45 PM(UTC)
mikegauer

I have an Nvidia GeForce 660 Ti - quad display card. The church computer has a Zotac GeForce GTX 770 which has a triple display over 4 ports.