logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjmorgan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:38:32 AM(UTC)
kjmorgan

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,

Looking to see if anyone has any similar behaviors and/or solutions. We are running vMix Pro (v22) on an Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51-765U (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-1-024tb-solid-state-drive-aby-black/6343762.p?skuId=6343762) which meets (if not exceeds) all of the required specifications from vMix. We are typically running 2 of the Magewell USB Capture SDI Gen 2 cards.

The issues we are having is when we go to add the Magewell as an input, one capture card comes in without any issues, and when we go to add the second input we get a "Insufficient System Resources Exist" error. Clicking OK, and attempting to readd the input sometimes allows the input to come in, and other times we get another error that the resolution is unexpected (or something similar-- it escapes me).

We have a Blackmagic Thunderbolt Mini Recorder that we are able to pull a signal in through and it appears to work fine.

I'm not thinking that I am exceeding the USB bandwidth on that bus as this is only two cards, but we also have a Yamaha MG10XU audio console connected through the USB interface.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what my issue might be?

Thank you.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:53:19 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kjmorgan Go to Quoted Post
We are typically running 2 of the Magewell USB Capture SDI Gen 2 cards.

The issues we are having is when we go to add the Magewell as an input, one capture card comes in without any issues, and when we go to add the second input we get a "Insufficient System Resources Exist" error. Clicking OK, and attempting to readd the input sometimes allows the input to come in, and other times we get another error that the resolution is unexpected (or something similar-- it escapes me).

We have a Blackmagic Thunderbolt Mini Recorder that we are able to pull a signal in through and it appears to work fine.

I'm not thinking that I am exceeding the USB bandwidth on that bus as this is only two cards

Which ports are the Magewells connected to? Two of the USB3.1 Gen-1 ports?

If so, you could be exceeding the bandwidth of what is probably a single USB host chip through which those USB3.1 ports are all routed, especially if dealing with 3G SDI signals.

Have you tried connecting one of the Magewell units to the USB3.1 Gen-2 port (via a USB-C adaptor)? That probably has a different host chip so will run in parallel with the Gen-1 USB host and therefore offer you more bandwidth.

kjmorgan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 2:14:14 AM(UTC)
kjmorgan

United States

Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post

Which ports are the Magewells connected to? Two of the USB3.1 Gen-1 ports?

If so, you could be exceeding the bandwidth of what is probably a single USB host chip through which those USB3.1 ports are all routed, especially if dealing with 3G SDI signals.

Have you tried connecting one of the Magewell units to the USB3.1 Gen-2 port (via a USB-C adaptor)? That probably has a different host chip so will run in parallel with the Gen-1 USB host and therefore offer you more bandwidth.

When I last ran into the issue the cards were connected to a USB 3 port on either side of the laptop. I believe in the past we have been able to get the cards to simultaneously function when they were plugged into the two USB 3 ports on one side of the laptop. The Blackmagic capture card we have is requires a USB 3.1 Gen-2 to Thunderbolt adapter and it functions well when plugged in-- in conjunction with the other cards.

I will have to look at the laptop and see what host chips we have for the USB ports.
Jelly  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 6:00:26 PM(UTC)
Jelly

China

Hi,

This is Jelly from Magewell. Have you solved the problem? If not, you can leave your contact info so that I can ask our support team to contact you. Thanks!
kjmorgan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:35:20 AM(UTC)
kjmorgan

United States

Originally Posted by: Jelly Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

This is Jelly from Magewell. Have you solved the problem? If not, you can leave your contact info so that I can ask our support team to contact you. Thanks!

Hi Jelly! Sorry I am just now getting to this! We are still having issues utilizing two of the Magewell cards on the system. If I could have someone from your support team contact me, that would be great! My email is kmorgan@sps5.org. I can leave further contact information through email.

Thank you!!