logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 3:56:57 PM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make a hockey period summary page. It is a full page title that allows for 3 info lines of text, corresponding to 3 datasource rows from a google sheet. So far, I have populated the 3 lines with 3 data source rows. How do I display the remaining to datasource rowss? For example if there are 9 goals, I can show the first 3 on the first page, but how do I show the remaining 6? I would like to have another full page populate with the next 3, and so on.

Can this be done in vMix itself, or would I need to use something external such as vMixUTC?

I assume this has been discussed before, but now really sure how to describe what I'm trying to do very well.

Thanks
Mark
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 11:39:04 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ MarkNF82

There are probably several different ways to do this, a lot of which will depend on your Title Graphic and how your Data Source Google Sheet is configured.
Can you share more information and/or a sample of your Data Source and the Title you are using?

Ice
MarkNF82  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 1:54:44 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached a photo of my graphic template.

As you can see it has 3 lines for info. These are for up to 3 goals in this case.

I get the stats info from a google sheets with live data, sample spreadsheet included:

Currently, the only way I've been populating the vMix titles is to do the following:

TEAM1.TEXT = B2
TIME1.TEXT = C2
GOALSCORER1.TEXT= D2
ASSISTS1.TEXT = E2
TYPE1.TEXT = F2

TEAM2.TEXT = B3
TIME2.TEXT = C3
GOALSCORER2.TEXT= D3
ASSISTS2.TEXT = E3
TYPE2.TEXT = F3

TEAM3.TEXT = B4
TIME3.TEXT = C4
GOALSCORER3.TEXT= D4
ASSISTS3.TEXT = E4
TYPE3.TEXT = F4

The issue comes when I want to display the next goal, and all other data thereafter. Also, the only way I have figured to sort the data by period, is to setup another sheet and filter all the period 1 goals to the "1st period goals" sheet. If there is a simpler way to do this, I would love to know how.

For titles that I've made so far, I've only had 1 line of information, or "Name and Title", and used the data row select shortcuts to cycle through, or just load up the data sources page screen and change them that way.

Any help, suggestions greatly appreciated.

SUMMARY-SAMPLE.png (82kb) downloaded 0 time(s). HOCKEY.jpg (37kb) downloaded 1 time(s). SUMMARYSAMPLE2.png (76kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 1:30:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ MarkNF82

From what you have presented, you must have converted your rows to columns in the Data Source Manager, Yes?
vMix Data Sources can only pull Data from a single row at a time, if all the data is in one row, it can all be accessed and mapped at once.
As such, I would recommend setting up multiple pages in your GT Title and then simply change pages, either in the Title Editor or with Shortcuts.

Ice
MarkNF82  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 2:51:06 PM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Actually vMix 23 lets you do multiple rows, which I didn't realize wasn't the case before. I forgot I updated to 23 at home, but didn't at the office so when I tried to replicate it there I could only do one row at a time. Shows you how much I use Data Sources. At tonight's game, I resorted to copying and pasting from the google sheet direct into gt title designer and populating the title that way, then exporting as a png. It worked adequately, however I would like to have it populate directly from the spreadsheet, unless vMixUTC or some other 3rd party helper can do this better.

Thanks

datavmix23.jpg (33kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ MarkNF82

From what you have presented, you must have converted your rows to columns in the Data Source Manager, Yes?
vMix Data Sources can only pull Data from a single row at a time, if all the data is in one row, it can all be accessed and mapped at once.
As such, I would recommend setting up multiple pages in your GT Title and then simply change pages, either in the Title Editor or with Shortcuts.

Ice

IceStream  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2020 1:19:20 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ MarkNF82

Thanks for the update, I did not pay attention to this amazing feature addition in vMix 23, it is a bit of a "game changer" in terms of simplifying the mapping process, but the underlying principle is still the same, pulling data from multiple rows simultaneously (essentially individual cells) means your Text field is "locked" to that cell, and so you will need to add a Text field for every Data entry you want to use in your graphic, which the "Page" animation feature in vMix GT Titles can help you to achieve that.
If on the other hand, you change the layout of your Data Sheet, that is, place all the Data you want to display at a time into one row (3 Team columns / 3 Player columns / 3 Time columns etc.), then you could cycle through multiple rows of Data with a single page Title, one row for each period for example (if that makes sense), then you just have to change or advance rows in the Data Source Manager to update your Title.

Ice
MarkNF82  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2020 4:21:44 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Thanks again for the info and help.

I didn't even notice it since I don't use data sources all that much. Only noticed it was new for 23 when I tried to do the same thing on our production computer which still has 22.0.0.69. Definitely changes things for sure.

After explanations I realize now this is simpler than I originally thought. Funny what you think when you have a second pair of eyes to look at things. :)

Many Thanks
M

Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ MarkNF82

Thanks for the update, I did not pay attention to this amazing feature addition in vMix 23, it is a bit of a "game changer" in terms of simplifying the mapping process, but the underlying principle is still the same, pulling data from multiple rows simultaneously (essentially individual cells) means your Text field is "locked" to that cell, and so you will need to add a Text field for every Data entry you want to use in your graphic, which the "Page" animation feature in vMix GT Titles can help you to achieve that.
If on the other hand, you change the layout of your Data Sheet, that is, place all the Data you want to display at a time into one row (3 Team columns / 3 Player columns / 3 Time columns etc.), then you could cycle through multiple rows of Data with a single page Title, one row for each period for example (if that makes sense), then you just have to change or advance rows in the Data Source Manager to update your Title.

Ice