logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopisDad  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 5:40:13 AM(UTC)
PopisDad

Groups: Registered

Hope someone can help confirm I am doing something wrong here.
I'm using my laptop with vMix 4K and GT Titler to create some scoreboard/leaderboard templates and then populating them with data via Data Sources via Google Sheets and Google API.
All works well and I'm impressed with what can be achieved with these vMix features.  BTW All files are stored in a common Dropbox folder
BUT
The laptop is just used for creating and testing these templates. The real output use is either with the main office RUBY Spec PC or a third party production machine. But all machines access the same shared Dropbox folder.
Here's the problem (or issue)...
When I then try to bring the created GTZIP files into the other versions of vMix via ADD INPUT/TITLE XAML and select the correct Google Sheets Data Sources - NOTHING LINKS meaning I have to go over the linking process all again.
Which with four templates and 28 cells is taking a lot of time!
I'm hoping I am doing something wrong and that there is a way to bring these templates and Data Source files into other vMix Settings Files without having to re-do all the data linking again.
Hope someone in vMixland can help and point me in the right way?
Thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2020 1:34:31 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ PopisDad

I would suggest saving your GT Title that has the Data Source Mappings you want as part of a vMix Preset and then append that preset into whatever vMix project you have running (Open ===> Append).
GT Title files in and of themselves do not save or retain any Data Source mappings (otherwise, you would need to be able to do that when designing or creating the Title in the vMix GT Title Designer, which is not possible).

Ice
davebtw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2023 12:23:32 AM(UTC)
davebtw

United Kingdom

Just curious as to whether you can help me here. I did exactly what you said, but not all of the data source information seems to copy over. Only the row and table actually seem to work. The column is set to "auto". Now I have data pulling from columns 2,3,4,5 so when I hit the "apply to all fields in this title". It doesn't actually work. I think the "auto" in the column drop-down is just defaulting to column one, instead of the correct column. Also if I select the correct column, the apply to all fields check box disappears.

Frustratingly, if I just import this preset into a new project, it works perfectly. Just now when I append it in my current project. Just wondering if you had an idea on how I can fix this.