logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlanZ  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:36:17 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
If you are using vMix with Zoom, you might want to be cautious about updating to the current windows client. It is not playing well with vMix on my computer.

I updated Zoom to the current version about 2 hours before starting a session on Wednesday.
During the meeting, the session window was very very slow to respond. Task manager showed very high system interrupt usage, pinned CPU at 100%.
Clicking on anything in the session window was very delayed before responding.
Fortunately most of my session was a screen share, which was unaffected.
This was Version: 4.6.0 (13610.1201)
I did various reboots, shutdown, windows updates, etc... the symptom persisted.

I spoke to one of Zoom's support folk, he finally sent me an installer for the previous version and the clean_zoom.exe that removes zoom completely, facilitating a clean install.
After running clean and reinstalling the most recent version, the symptoms reappeared.
So I ran clean again, and installed the older Version: 4.5.7 (5712.1029). That worked fine.

However, I did come across an important piece of information... when doing a clean install, Zoom picked my logitech c920 camera by default, and everything was working properly. However, the symptoms reappeared as soon as I selected vMix as Zoom's video input.

So it appears that the new version is working properly with physical cameras, but is choking on my virtual camera... Vmix.
I don't know if the issue is limited to vMix or if it affects other virtual cameras.

When I contacted Zoom again with the information about the virtual camera, they opened a support case nd sent me a logging version of Zoom.
I ran a few tests (which choked on vMix) and uploaded the logs to them.

I will let you know if I get any more information from Zoom.

thanks 1 user thanked AlanZ for this useful post.
stevemol on 12/11/2019(UTC)
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 3:47:55 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Curious. I just loaded the latest Zoom client and tried this myself. It seems to work ok using the latest vMix 23 beta.

Zoom 4.6 client using vMix 23 Beta, 2-box, color bars & Brio webcam

The vMix project is set for 720P30, which is all that Zoom can handle. The shot is a 2-box, with color bars and Brio webcam over black.
stevemol  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:04:43 PM(UTC)
stevemol

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
The vMix project is set for 720P30, which is all that Zoom can handle.

You can enable HD in Zoom (as well as stereo).

I send full HD 1920x1080 NTSC 29.97p

AlanZ  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:07:33 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
MJ,

I tried it with vMix 22 and 23 with the same results. Are you using the same Zoom version that I mentioned in my original message?
The log files from the instrumented version Zoom sent me showed several internal crashes.

I haven’t heard anything new from them yet.

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
Curious. I just loaded the latest Zoom client and tried this myself. It seems to work ok using the latest vMix 23 beta.

The vMix project is set for 720P30, which is all that Zoom can handle. The shot is a 2-box, with color bars and Brio webcam over black.

Lloyd  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:17:00 PM(UTC)
Lloyd

United States

I had the same sort of problem. All I got was white screen on my Zoom capture input after upgrading to the newest version of Zoom. Then my system started lagging bad after that. I will uninstall Zoom completely and reinstall my earlier copy of Zoom. I am using VMix 23 with the newest update. Thanks for the info in the initial post here.