logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
951studios@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:11:20 AM(UTC)
951studios@gmail.com

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There are a few control surfaces that I feel would be incredible with the support of the vMix community.

Behringer X Touch Universal:
I'm particularly interested in this controller because of the jog/shuttle wheel (for instant replay) and scribble strips... not to mention ALL of those buttons. It's midi compliant and has a large community of users already behind it.

With the current support of the Behringer X-Touch Compact, I feel like the vMix community could get right up to speed with the more roust flagship controller.

iCon Platform M:
This controller caught my eye because of it's smaller form factor, lower price, and jog wheel.

Loupe Deck CT:
This controller may be reaching for the stars. It requires major support from its manufacturer, however the Loupe Deck community is growing rapidly due to the large number of Adobe photoshop, lightroom, and premiere users... and has major potential to be a stronger platform than Elgatos Stream Deck. The price point is amazing, and the form factor is incredible. This no doubt will be the next generation platform of controllers.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and these and other controllers on the market.
thanks 1 user thanked 951studios@gmail.com for this useful post.
vjlumen on 11/9/2020(UTC)
voiceovercity  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:13:35 PM(UTC)
voiceovercity

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 951studios@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
There are a few control surfaces that I feel would be incredible with the support of the vMix community.

Behringer X Touch Universal:
I'm particularly interested in this controller because of the jog/shuttle wheel (for instant replay) and scribble strips... not to mention ALL of those buttons. It's midi compliant and has a large community of users already behind it.

With the current support of the Behringer X-Touch Compact, I feel like the vMix community could get right up to speed with the more roust flagship controller.

iCon Platform M:
This controller caught my eye because of it's smaller form factor, lower price, and jog wheel.

Loupe Deck CT:
This controller may be reaching for the stars. It requires major support from its manufacturer, however the Loupe Deck community is growing rapidly due to the large number of Adobe photoshop, lightroom, and premiere users... and has major potential to be a stronger platform than Elgatos Stream Deck. The price point is amazing, and the form factor is incredible. This no doubt will be the next generation platform of controllers.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and these and other controllers on the market.

The X-Touch looks pretty interesting and I could see it as something vMix develops a template for that customizes it for their application. The price point isn't bad since it can be configured a number of different ways.
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 7:24:02 PM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1 for X-Touch Universal (We have one and I can confirm it that the buttons work with vMix Activators but not the motorized faders or rotary encoders :(

Also +1 for the Icon series... they look awesome!
KnKproductions  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 10:03:45 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This product is already somewhat compatible with vMix, but I don't think many know about it and just how great it is...

Midi Fighter Twister
https://store.djtechtool...cts/midi-fighter-twister

Been using it for two years now, and it's indespensible. First got it to have it control editing software but then started using it in vMix and I won't run a show without it.

Each dial is multi-function, the rotory action can be programmed to do different things through their software too.
There's 4 banks, full color range (programmable).
Every dial is also a button that has two midi notes, and they can be set up to be "super dials" ie when held down and turned, it can send different signals than from when it was turned with no push.
There's buttons on the sides that I use for various things.
The dials can be set up to have a detent.

And that's just as-is... when combined with the Bome Midi Translator, now you can do anything your mind can imagine.
For instance, setting up a dial to run the replay speed I found that the 100% speed was at the area of around 20% on the dial even with the detent turned on.
This was because the 100% speed was at note 30 or so on the dial, and the dial went from 1-127.
After getting some help, we got the Bome Midi Translator to 'dial down' the note range to 1-60. Now the detent on the dial sits at note 30, and I have a lot more wiggle room to smoothly transition a slow-mo effect in a video. All this works by routing the inputs on Bome to the Bome virtual output, and setting the vMix midi-in to the Bome virtual out. Also set up the button on that dial to set the video to the true 100% speed so that even if I return the dial to the center detent position and I might be off a little, I can quickly hit the button to have the normal playback speed.

When I say somewhat compatible with vMix, I mean that there's no option to send activators but that's really no big deal. I haven't had a good experience with the activators anyways, as my only non-dj tech tools midi device is a Novation Launch Control (https://www.midi-store.com/Novation-Launch-Control-USB-MIDI-Controller-p/sku21121.htm) and I swear I can never get these god damn buttons to light up correctly. It's also a great little product with lots of versatility, just doesn't work well with the activators. The midi function is fine though.
thanks 1 user thanked KnKproductions for this useful post.
broadcastguy on 7/4/2022(UTC)
eMMe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:01:07 PM(UTC)
eMMe

Italy

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have posted a request for Loupedeck CT

Here the link to the thread

vMix Support for Loupedeck CT

Hope it will lead to something good, because this surface can be amazing in live productions with vMix.
Joeboe  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:55:06 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
It seems everyone prefers hardware control surfaces....but for me....I try to limit the amount of hardware I travel with, since at the end of an assignment, I have to dismantle and pack everything , so I opted for software mostly....hardware when I have no choice....although things can go wrong with software, so with hardware....that is why I prefer the software...less weight and pieces of equipment to travel with, or have to reprogram to work...I am using a software control surface called PanelBuilder....when fully setup, can look great, works great on a tablet, or PC...I have the ability to place my controls where I want them, how I like them, and only buttons that will be used....No extra unused buttons, and I even customised them to look they way I like....but for those who like hardware control surface, you should check out a piece of software that can make any hardware surface work with vMix...It is called Central Control....saw the interview with Tom Sinclair on streaming idiots last week, and was very impressed with it...You can take practically any hardware controller and using this software, control vmix.... centralcontrol.io ...this is the link ...maybe you guys can try it with your hardware to help you do a better job with what you have....

This is what my software control surface looks like....I designed the buttons in photoshop....BTW the software is free....and the buttons tally....so you know which item is in preview or program....the output buttons also tally, so you know when you are recording , streaming etc......

davidcl  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:19:30 AM(UTC)
davidcl

Man
Gabon

Please i need information me too about the "AVID ARTIST MIX. SURFACE DE CONTROLE AVID 8 FADERS" (because i have 2 of them) if possible to be control with Vmix via eucontrol?or ??
Thanks
eMMe  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:22:09 AM(UTC)
eMMe

Italy

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you Joeboe for reply, but the way you showed doesn't fit for me.

As you can see in picture below, it's a tiny (15 x 16 cm) controller and it is designed to use his own buttons/wheels.

It has multiple layers to recall functions/macros and i think the most profitable way is that they add support for it.

I can use it with vMix, but i can't assign icons to buttons, use activators etc ... they must be integrated by devs.

I posted here to advise vMix devs (and sent an email to Loupedeck's too).

Hope they will see and support it.

Loupedeck CT
thanks 1 user thanked eMMe for this useful post.
vjlumen on 11/9/2020(UTC)
vjlumen  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 5:45:45 AM(UTC)
vjlumen

Ireland

+1 for loupedeck live.
It looks amazing with knobs and buttons. Already using it for NLE and photo postproduction.
gorbva  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 10:04:38 PM(UTC)
gorbva

Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
+1 for X-Touch Universal (We have one and I can confirm it that the buttons work with vMix Activators but not the motorized faders or rotary encoders :(

X-touch have not motorized faders, but it HAVE rotary enconders and the works fine with vMix. If you have some skills in programming in VB .Net you can add a superb functionality to any encoder or button.
I wrote some scripts to activate fast Fade-to-mute audio input wheh press rotary encoder button.