logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sytem  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 9:47:30 PM(UTC)
sytem

Groups: Registered
Finland

Has anyone else seen problem like this:

i9 PC with Duo2 i/o card. Vmix 22.0.0.69 x64

1080p50 production.

BMD Channels:

1 camera input, 1080i50
2 camera input 1080i50
3 camera input 720p50 (not in use all the time, stage handheld camera on battery)
4 external output 1080p50 (level A), going to Barco Imagepro for projision controll

Setup day, everything ok. Start of broadcast day, boot of computers and software, everything still looks to be ok, but not very deep testing before going live. Cam1 live. When starting, we notice that screen is not changing to anything, stream and NDI outs ok.

After testing and trying things, I notice that CH4 is outputting input 2 and CH3 is CH1. No any error message when starting external out, while if there is no SDI-connector mapped to BMD channel in Desktop Video Setup, VMIX will show error that it cant open external out device.

VMIX restart fixes this, no need to boot computer this time.

After day1 broadcast, I did little testing. After computer reboot, those channel mappings have reset in BMD setup, and it will show error on starting external out. After mappings are fixed, external works ok, until vmix restart without booting PC. On second run of vmix it will do that loopback, and on third and next times, ok.

Any idea where to look, vmix, BMD driver or windows?

elvis55  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:54:41 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
sytem  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:12:01 AM(UTC)
sytem

Finland

Forgot to mention, I have been using this setup since last summer, and configured those connectors back then first time. And usually if they are wrong, VMIX will give error, not silently do loopback.

One thing to came in my mind to avoid this, should I prefer first channels as outputs and last for inputs?