logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ecaster  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 6:59:30 AM(UTC)
ecaster

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I am new to Vmix but first impressions are that it meets a lot of my requirements. However like most new users, I have questions around accessories and project specific issues which I hope the forum can assist with.

I am technical but not in the AV area but getting up to speed fairly quickly

The Project
The project is to allow a number of smaller venues to broadcast/stream their events to other venues with audiences.

Objective

To provide a high quality stream and as with all projects, to try and keep the costs feasible. So quality is the top priority and costs comes in then

Hardware

Cameras: We need a minimum of two and possible three camera. I believe SDI is best but the main issue is low light. Can you recommend cameras which would meet the need here. Also can anyone clarify if Vmix can control the zoom etc of these camera or will I need a separate control panel to control the cameras?

PC Chassis: Can you make a recommendation for a chasis in terms of specifications that will house the SDI interface cards etc. Please note that I need to be able to mix a min of 2 and maximum of 4 camera, separate audio source (from the venue) and then stream to a cloud service

Finally

The project that I am looking to execute is not unique but when I search online for "canned solutions" in this area (either using vmix, other products or hardware based), I cannot see anyone offering this. Am I missing something here? Does anyone know of a small venue(s) who are doing this?

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to collaborating with all the other Vmix users

Regards

eCaster
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 10:38:29 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
You might have to elaborate a little bit more in terms of exactly what the project entails and the kind of budget you are looking at.
HD-SDI out cameras are typically more expensive, add to that remote functionality with PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) and you are in a class all it's own. To answer your question, No, vMix has no interface to control PTZ cameras.
There are reasonable and functional solutions if quality is less of an issue, but if you are looking at top quality high-end components then you'll need deep pockets for your build.

Ice
ecaster  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 11:59:40 AM(UTC)
ecaster

Hi Ice

Thanks for the initial response. The project is trying to stream from one venue to another. So quality is key. Delay is not for example. Single person management is important though as well. So we are looking for a solution where one person can manage the camera control and the mixing. In the Youtube demo for V-Mix I see that the camera zooms into the virtual set, so I was under the impression that it was possible.

In terms of cameras, will I get the same broadcast quality from an IP, USB, HDMI output camera as a SDI?

We will be using HD.

Finally, we will be streaming to a cloud service and back down to a decoder using OTT/HLS. From my research , it appears that roku seems to be the only cheap but good STB that I can use. Any ideas or feedback on this?

Regards

eCaster