logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
synesthesia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:51:48 PM(UTC)
synesthesia

Groups: Registered
Australia

I'm a new user of Vmix, using it to cue and play back content in a live setting, with the output going to vision and audio mixers. I'm trying it out as a Windows based alternative to Mac only software such as PlaybackPro or ProVideoPlayer and want to start out using the correct methods and workflow.

What is the best way to cue audio/video content and manually trigger each file so that it plays once then fades to black, rather than freezing on the last frame? I did search both the forums and Google but couldn't find any answers.

The closest I've come is adding content to a playlist and running it in manual mode with a black image loaded in between each audio or video clip, but this still requires advancing to the blank image in between each file in order to stop the videos freezing on their final frame.

Surely there's a better way to do this that I'm not utilising?
synesthesia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:57:49 PM(UTC)
synesthesia

Australia

To clarify, I'd like create a list of content that can be progressed through manually with something the tap of the space bar, say

[space] Video plays > fade to black
[space] Audio file plays
[space] Still image > fade to black
[space] Video plays > fade to black

Etc.
dmwkr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:15:36 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
If you want to cue inputs of different types (video, audio, still images) the playlist feature is usually the easiest way to go. If you set the duration of your black image to 0 and don't set the playlist to manual mode, it should behave like you want to. Setting the duration to 0 on a still image will put the playlist on halt until Next is clicked.

You can create a shortcut for the space bar: https://www.vmix.com/hel...dex.htm?AddShortcut.html
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
synesthesia on 11/13/2019(UTC)
synesthesia  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:49:58 AM(UTC)
synesthesia

Australia

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
If you want to cue inputs of different types (video, audio, still images) the playlist feature is usually the easiest way to go. If you set the duration of your black image to 0 and don't set the playlist to manual mode, it should behave like you want to. Setting the duration to 0 on a still image will put the playlist on halt until Next is clicked.

You can create a shortcut for the space bar: https://www.vmix.com/hel...dex.htm?AddShortcut.html

Thanks dmwkr, thats exactly the information I was looking for. I'd played around with the duration settings while using manual mode without achieving what I was after, your suggestion worked well.