logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 8:09:04 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
While giving it a go to transition to GT titles even if this means i have to add scripts separately i hit a few design snags especially with pages.

- if one does not have an initial animation,even a simple fade in, any page animations defined will not show up in the right click on input list.

- having a layer (or item) show or hide with pages seems ok , but when hidden for example, when doing a data change animation on another item will trigger the page animation to original state or show up even if not specified to act on it

Have included a very basic title to show. with page1 or page2 selection one can hide the blue square.
When changing data in the red box the blue box appears even when set to hidden (page2)
There doesn't seem to be any logic to this.

intentional or "bug" ?

testdud.gtzip (22kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
郭子涵  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 9:59:35 PM(UTC)
郭子涵

China

I have the same problem. I think it's unreasonable. If you click page1 and Page2 is set to none by default, then Page2 should not change, not become visible.
郭子涵  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:09:41 PM(UTC)
郭子涵

China

This may be a bug, "None" doesn't work!
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:11:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

To help explain, all transition storyboards are completely independent of each other by design.

This means if you hide something in one storyboard, but then play another where that item is not hidden then it is going to be visible.
(This includes DataChangeX storyboards which work identically in operation to all other storyboard types).

It was an important design goal with GT that all storyboards be self contained in this way, to prevent animations changing from one playback to the next
depending on what happened previously.

As for the pages not appearing if there is no TransitionIn animation, that is a bug that we will get fixed, so thanks for reporting that.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:05:18 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Hi Martin

Understand your hiding example explanation

That being said, in the given example script there is an option (page) to either hide or show something (blue box) .
So if its hidden I have to add a hiding setting to the datachange , fair enough but that now messes up when its supposed to be visible as the datachange will now hide it

no matter what is set at some point there will be some messing up happening, like also quickly pop back up when taking overlay away when it was hidden for example.

IMO when one specifies an animation it should not influence another totally different one on a totally different item like in hte case of the attached example

I fail to see the current logic (for now i hope but i gave it a go in trying to convert current titles to GT)

People complained XAML was to difficult but when it comes to titles with various visual states and a bit of coding GT becomes even harder just due to "unintended animations interfering", sorry

I know, is just i like automated data driven titles for their end user simplicity and multi functionality

admin  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 12:10:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi Doggy,

The storyboard is not impacting the other one in your example, at least not when I test it.
As the datasource change is a separate storyboard, it will become visible, because only one storyboard
is ever active at a time by design. (See my explanation above about being self contained).

So what you are seeing is the datasource storyboard running after the page one, and since it is not set to hidden
in that storyboard it is going to become visible.

Sorry if this is not the behaviour your are looking for but it is consistent.

As we have always said, GT is designed for simple animated titles and is not intended to cater to all advanced use cases, for that
there are numerous graphics systems out there now thanks to NDI.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
doggy  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 1:00:32 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
As we have always said, GT is designed for simple animated titles and is not intended to cater to all advanced use cases, for that
there are numerous graphics systems out there now thanks to NDI.

Fully agree on that , so I will let them laugh at my xaml titles with code behind , they do their job perfectly and also some of them i have transferred to NDI output too :-)

They can't claim i haven't tried lol

BTW the GT ticker is awesome ;-)