logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PiD Media  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 5:03:07 PM(UTC)
PiD Media

Groups: Registered
Australia

Settings - these ones slow down the workflow when setting up, suggesting changing to the following.

1. Audio Follows Video unchecked as default, rather then having to go turn it off for all new sources.

2. Audio Buses - Main Only as default, rather then having to go an turn off all the extras, to stop cross talk on some systems that leads to social media viewers commenting the audio is distorted. Better to assign buses when they're needed, rather then have to go in to every new source and disable them.

Licenses - How many customers need 4K?

A license for a HD capable install, that has the multicorder / replay available, would be fantastic for those of use doing local sports, and don't need, or have the hardware capable of 4K, priced between the current HD and 4K versions, with 4 HD replays available.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 5:25:17 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
Audio Follows Video unchecked as default, rather then having to go turn it off for all new sources.

audiosetting.JPG (43kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Quote:
Audio Buses - Main Only as default,

audiosetting2.JPG (52kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
PiD Media  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 5:34:34 PM(UTC)
PiD Media

Australia

Yes, I know those, I'm saying that the Audio Follows Video should be Unchecked By Default.

Currently it's checked by default, which is a P.I.T.A. when you have to go disable it for every dang new source.

Same goes with that master audio setting, that should be unchecked as default.

Now, add a new camera, with the default settings, go in to the Audio Settings, and you'll see all the buses are enabled. On some PC's, that causes all of them to be heard by the viewers, because of the way the audio drivers are set up, and that distorts the audio - it ends up sounding like a warbling bird instead of a commentator.

The only bus that should be enabled by default, is the Master.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 5:43:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
Yes, I know those, I'm saying that the Audio Follows Video should be Unchecked By Default.

Currently it's checked by default, which is a P.I.T.A. when you have to go disable it for every dang new source.

Do you ? if you uncheck them (in SETTINGS) vMix will ask to restart to apply changes and all new inputs will have them also unchecked !
PiD Media  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 6:20:37 PM(UTC)
PiD Media

Australia

Which is still having to change a Default On, to an Off, where it should be a Default Off to begin with.

These items are Default Off on hardware switchers.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 7:45:03 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: PiD Media Go to Quoted Post
Which is still having to change a Default On, to an Off, where it should be a Default Off to begin with.

WHAT? You only have to do this once and it will remain like that for any new setup you create !

Quote:
These items are Default Off on hardware switchers.

hmm, but this is a software switcher. Understand to what you are used to but somethimes a bit of change isnt that bad at all. Hey my phone doesnt have a rotary dial anymore ;-)
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 1:47:44 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
As I understand it PiD Media's request is to change some Default setting that are defined when you install vMix as well as applied when one Click the "Default" button on the Settings page.

I believe it would be difficult to implement that because many experienced users expect those setting (compare backwards compatibility). I have personally noticed that some other requests for changes to the default settings have never been implemented.

Perhaps a workaround would be if vMix supported the option to start with automatic loading of a Settings (.config). This would make it possible to Export a setting with the desired audio settings. And then always start vMix with that config file, for example using a Windows shortcut.

If that's interesting, consider voting for https://forums.vmix.com/...ig-and-autoload-a-preset
PiD Media  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 9:59:17 PM(UTC)
PiD Media

Australia

That would be a good start. I'm still in favor of Default Unchecked for these setting though.

No one interested in the suggested license type?
richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 1:17:45 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
re licence types;
a, not a good idea to have different requests im one topic. (e.g. one pf them gets lost, and it confuses)
b. similar FR re vMix editions have been common over the years. You can search and read to see explanations to why changes are very unlikely.