logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:24:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 23 Preview (23.0.0.18 Beta) is here!

Double Disclaimer: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it should not be used in productions.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Updates: If you purchased vMix prior to 1 January 2018, an additional purchase is required to use this beta or a new Trial is possible if you haven't
used the Trial in some time. Finally, an edition upgrade (say from HD to 4K) will also include 12 months of free updates.
https://sites.fastspring...oduct/vmixversionupgrade

Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

Download Links

vMix
http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix23preview.exe

New Features and Changes

* SRT In and Out
SRT - Secure Reliable Transport is a point to point protocol for fixed latency streams over an unreliable internet.
vMix supports multiple inputs (Stream Input) and up to 4 outputs in vMix 4K and Pro (1 output in all other editions).
Uses GPU acceleration where possible for H264 and HEVC streams. 2 stream PC encode limit applies on GeForce cards, CPU fallback available where not available on the GPU.

* More Audio Buses
A-B audio buses expanded to A-G for a total of 14 channels of audio (7x 2 channel pairs)
Audio buses can be routed to Master to use as groups by selecting the new M button in the audio mixer.
SRT supports up to 8 channels audio in or out. Magewell, AJA and Blackmagic support up to 8.
vMix AVI supports full 16 channel audio recording. (Master + A-G)

* Mix Input (4K and Pro only)
Add a "mini mixer" input to vMix with a dedicated Preview/Output bus, Cut button and Fade button.
Existing shortcuts can be used with a new "Mix" dropdown option to select from 1-4 where 1= main mix, 2= first mix input and so on.
Mix inputs support "re-entry" and can be used as Input MultiView sources without any latency.

* vMix Media Converter
Bulk transcoding utility to convert vMix AVI into ProRes compatible MOV files for use in video editors such as Final Cut Pro and Davinci Resolve.

* GT Text Bounding
Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
This allows these elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side.

* NDI 4
NDI 4.0 support included with ability to record with zero CPU in MultiCorder to MOV and also playback these new MOV files directly from vMix.

* Added option to select either Output 1 or Output 2 for each stream through the Streaming Quality window.
* Facebook destination can now be used alongside other providers due to Facebook policy change.
* Improved codec support for video playback.
* Web Controller authentication support.
* Added ability to select a Row for each text field now in Data Sources.
* Added 2x zoom option to Vectorscope.
* Added Mixer and Lightcast streaming providers to Destination dropdown.
* Added Unselect All option when opening a Preset.
* Updated web browser input to V77 of Chrome. Older version still selectable from downdown for compatibility.

Documentation

http://help.vmix.com/23/

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 19 users thanked admin for this useful post.
sinc747 on 10/23/2019(UTC), prass on 10/23/2019(UTC), corporatejames on 10/23/2019(UTC), doggy on 10/23/2019(UTC), vijay6672 on 10/23/2019(UTC), matteoarrigone on 10/23/2019(UTC), RichDanby on 10/23/2019(UTC), Video Dave on 10/24/2019(UTC), elvis55 on 10/24/2019(UTC), Ittaidv on 10/24/2019(UTC), monamiga on 10/24/2019(UTC), raugert on 10/24/2019(UTC), Jamiehome2 on 10/24/2019(UTC), Brian D. on 10/25/2019(UTC), tagexpert on 10/26/2019(UTC), AVStream on 10/30/2019(UTC), avsoundguy on 11/3/2019(UTC), PFBM on 11/12/2019(UTC), AndrewRed on 11/19/2019(UTC)
AdamMiner  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:35:37 PM(UTC)
AdamMiner

Groups: Registered
United States

Issue with GT Titles; centered elements with WidthAndHeight unexpectedly expand downward to the right, rather than outward from center point of drawn textbox.

I've attached a GTZip that has a textbox and a background bound to the text that one should expand outward from center, but does not. Generally, I'd expect the direction of textbox expansion to follow similar to the vertical and horizontal alignment of text.

vMix Capture 22 October 2019 22-28-36.png (14kb) downloaded 20 time(s). vMix Capture 22 October 2019 22-28-24.png (92kb) downloaded 8 time(s). Center.gtzip (7kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:45:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

That is correct, the X,Y coordinates of all objects in GT are based on the top left corner which will not change as a result of WidthAndHeight.
We will update the documentation to note that the auto settings are not designed to be used with centered text.
sam602  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:21:51 PM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can we have a video please explainig SRT. I tried using it to stream to my server without success.
Config srt settings Caller

Using a 16bit key H264 8mb
Send to my WOWZA STREAMING SERVER..vMix was not outputing a stream.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:50:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Wowza Server can be a bit tricky to setup, but I can confirm it works.

Some things to try:

1. Setup the stream file in Wowza for SRT to a url like "srt://0.0.0.0:10000" where 10000 is the port.
2. set srtKeyLength to 32 and passphrase blank on both sides initially as a test.
3. In Wowza stream file actions, select the Connect this to stream icon, and choose the correct stream to connect it to
with MediaCaster type set to srt.
4. vMix should then eventually be able to connect.
If there are any issues on the vMix side you can check the Statistics window in vMix under the Overview or SRT tabs for any error messages.
RichDanby  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:08:31 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Fantastic additions.
I'm already using SRT input (via a Pi to convert to TS and then a VLC input) so having that built in and hardware accelerated will be great. Are the normal Transport Stream over UDP inputs accelerated? I thought they weren't and if not it would be great if the acceleration could be ported to them. I've found the VLC inputs to be more reliable with the cheap chinese encoders I use so that might be why I'm thinking none of the stream inputs are accelerated.

Found one minor documentation issue, though not really 23 specific. I was looking into the feature allowing you to stream Output 2 but then couldn't find at what edition a second output became a feature, it isn't on the comparison table. (found it was 4K from the live show)

Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is produce a show on output 1 then have a 20 second delay on that going to output 2 which would be the source of the stream. Then if something bad happened live I'd be able to cut output 2 to a different shot during that 20 second delay before it goes out to the stream. It sounds like this gets me a bit closer though is still complicated since the video delay input doesn't do audio. It sounds like I may now be able to mix the audio on a sub bus then have a 20 second vst delay before that bus is added to master, if the two separate delays for video and audio will stay in sync.
dasmedienatelier  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:08:55 PM(UTC)
dasmedienatelier

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Any news about the replay system?

Wasn't there a note saying, that it was supposed to be rewritten / refinded?

Knut

EDIT:

I've been watching the Fun Time liveshow and got an answer to this question. So I guess I'll have to wait for vMix 24, then. Any news on that release? :)
doa  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:12:14 PM(UTC)
doa

Man
Netherlands

I had a crash when i tried to remove the input mix bus
vedranius  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:49:48 PM(UTC)
vedranius

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Wowza Server can be a bit tricky to setup, but I can confirm it works.

Some things to try:

1. Setup the stream file in Wowza for SRT to a url like "srt://0.0.0.0:10000" where 10000 is the port.
2. set srtKeyLength to 32 and passphrase blank on both sides initially as a test.
3. In Wowza stream file actions, select the Connect this to stream icon, and choose the correct stream to connect it to
with MediaCaster type set to srt.
4. vMix should then eventually be able to connect.
If there are any issues on the vMix side you can check the Statistics window in vMix under the Overview or SRT tabs for any error messages.

Hey!
I'm trying to connect vMix with Wowza.
But I'm unsure which address should be added into vMix Hostname. And what type (Caller, Listener or Rendezvous)?
I suppose when in vMix set as a caller it sends SRT stream to an hostname address (Wowza server) and then it's needed to add a localhost address or as you wrote "srt://0.0.0.0:10000" into Wowza's "stream", am I correct?
Anything else to be configure when stream is created and connected to "srt" in Wowza?

Because I've done all of this and PC with vMix won't connect to the Wowza server.

Thanks!
Quinton  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:53:54 PM(UTC)
Quinton

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am trying out the SRT option using Larix Broadcaster, and setting vmix as the listener.
I have got it working the "odd" time, however 99% of the time vmix just shows the first frame and freezes on that frame, sound does continue to come through.
When it does work, and I stop the stream and resend, then it goes back to freezing on first image inside vmix.
Also when it is working vmix seems to display this in srt statistics?

srt.png (165kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
MartLeib  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:07:24 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Similar problem as Quinton is having.

Configured vMix as SRT Listener: https://prnt.sc/pmzp1i
Added SRT input: https://prnt.sc/pmzpgl

I see only first frame of the video, audio works.

When I disable Hardware Decoding, I see first frame with artifacts: https://prnt.sc/pmzqx0
With Hardware Decoding freezeframe is fine.

UPDATE: When I stream SRT to my server and generate RTMP from it, video and audio both work fine.

UPDATE 2: When I generate SRT on my server and add vMix SRT as caller I get same freezeframe as on local network. When I open same address in VLC (srt://***.***.***.***:1111/?mode=caller) it works.

UPDATE 3: You should add Reset option to the SRT input as well.

UPDATE 4: I'm able to reproduce the freezeframe in VLC as well when I set ":network-caching=" too low

Also, setting the vMix as SRT Listener freezed vMix for about 30 seconds for some reason.

(About the docs as well. It says that both, Caller and Listener must have same Latency but it reality, SRT handshake checks both side's Latency value and uses the bigger number.)

UI bug: When adding SRT input and changing between Caller/Listener/Rendezvous Listener "Port" value will get previously entered Host value. https://prnt.sc/pmzxvc to https://prnt.sc/pmzy12
MycroBeat99  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:24:55 PM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Possible GT issue (1.0.0.65 and 2.0.0.18)

I cannot use Text from Right to Left (even if i toggle the RTL) if the Text Box resizing are using Width or Width&Height. For Fixed and Shrink are work to write from right to left.
First image use Width and the second use Shrink.

Quote:
2 stream PC encode limit applies on GeForce cards

Nvidia Quadro have all 4 outputs available? I know the Nvidia Quadro have no limitation for NVENC Encode if you have enough VRAM.

width_text_anim.png (160kb) downloaded 2 time(s). shrink_text_anim.png (155kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
admin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:58:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix23preview.exe

* Fixed frame rate detection issue on SRT input causing stuck frames.
* Fixed error sometimes when closing a Mix input
* Fixed SRT Out 2 still remaining active even when disabled.
* Streaming quality preset now defaults to 720p @ 2.5 rather than 360p @ 1.5
* Fixed error when setting an NDI Output to use an audio channel that is not enabled.
admin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:00:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the bug reports so far, see above for an updated beta release.

For those seeing issues connecting to Wowza etc, try with the passphrase left empty on both ends.
It looks like some older versions of SRT are not compatible with the encryption in the more recent releases which vMix uses.
natzakaria  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:15:35 PM(UTC)
natzakaria

To get something decent (working) for SRT using Larix - set latency to 10
Quinton  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:53:19 PM(UTC)
Quinton

* Fixed frame rate detection issue on SRT input causing stuck frames.
* Fixed error sometimes when closing a Mix input
* Fixed SRT Out 2 still remaining active even when disabled.
* Streaming quality preset now defaults to 720p @ 2.5 rather than 360p @ 1.5
* Fixed error when setting an NDI Output to use an audio channel that is not enabled.

This one works perfectly with Larix using local IP address, but can not get it to connect over the internet, maybe I am missing something.

I am just adding srt:// my IP address:1935 (using 1935 as thats already open from using rtmpminiserver) but its saying can't connect, am I doing something wrong?
BTW the first time I went to install version 19 Windows complained about the download?

admin  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:56:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

When selecting Caller for SRT input, you will need to enter the hostname in the box provided and the port in a separate box.
No srt:// etc needed, just the hostname (i.e domain.com) and the port (i.e 12345) in the provided boxes.
slxxi  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:24:28 AM(UTC)
slxxi

vMix 23 Preview (23.0.0.18 Beta) is here!

* Added option to select either Output 1 or Output 2 for each stream through the Streaming Quality window.

Not a Bug Report, but a big Thank You for this!
Works fine for the first short test, will test more intense soon.
thanks 1 user thanked slxxi for this useful post.
monamiga on 10/24/2019(UTC)
Quinton  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:25:33 AM(UTC)
Quinton

When selecting Caller for SRT input, you will need to enter the hostname in the box provided and the port in a separate box.
No srt:// etc needed, just the hostname (i.e domain.com) and the port (i.e 12345) in the provided boxes.

Sorry never used this before, but maybe you misunderstood, or I'm not explaining very well.
I am using Larix Broadcaster to send a camera into vmix.
On my phone when I use srt://192.168.1.119:1935 and set up a listener inside vmix along with port number and passphrase it works perfectly (over local network)
When I go into Larix Broadcaster and set up another connection over the internet, like srt:// myvmix computers IP address:1935 and try and send that to vmix then it says cant connect.

I know that port 1935 is open as I use it with rtmpminiserver to send rtmp feeds from Larix broadcster into vmix via NDI, just do not understand why it works perfectly over local network, but wont connect when I try to do it over the internet?

sam602  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:13:59 AM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

SRT2.png (17kb) downloaded 2 time(s). SRT1.png (9kb) downloaded 2 time(s). SRT3.png (447kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
I have tried all the steps and still cannot get vMix to stream to my WMS... I do not know what I am missing. I have attached the screen shots.. I am not using any passkey.
Please assist.. Iam stream from vMix(SRT) -> WOWZA Streaming Engine

UPDATE: SERVER port was blocked.. I got it to work now.. thx