logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noonsong  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:26:25 AM(UTC)
noonsong

Groups: Registered
Germany

We are running vmix 22 on a Nuc skull 6i7KYK with 16 Gbyte Ram and Windows 10. We are using four IP Cams and one high quality stereo input via Steinbeirg USB device. With this setup we try to record in HD and simoultanesly stream to youtube in HD (1080 p25)
It works, but we have cracks in the left audio channel. In the logs we find dropped frames in the Headphone device.
Now the strange things:
- We have disabled all Headphone in/out in window's device Managaer - but vmix still has them
- We added a egpu (Nvidia RTX 2070 with 8 Gbyte Ram) via thunderbolt 3 AND:
the dropped frames were dramatically worse, the video in is extremely delayed and stuttering.

Any ideas to fix this strange situation?

you may see some live stream examples on the youtube channel of sirventes berlin:
https://www.youtube.com/...UCjcQTtTiZ6W2Tp2U9Dt83sA

Thak you for your help!
nakedeye  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:01:36 PM(UTC)
nakedeye

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would say you EGPU is saturating the Thunderbolt on your NUC hence the drastic increase in dropped frames. The TB3 lanes are probably shared with your M.2 or something else if you don't have one of those.
Try dropping back to a single camera and if all is working fine add one at a time and test. I suspect you are taxing your systems resources. You can turn of your headphones for each input in vMix but I doubt this is your problem. Also go to Audio Outputs and set headphones to none. You will still see the headphone option for connected devices in the Audio setting for each input and these can be turned off but with the headphone device disabled it shouldn't make any difference.