logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevev  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:18:04 AM(UTC)
kevev

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have a GT Title that transitions out perfectly. It is a scoreboard. In some stadiums we are not allowed to pull game scoreboard clock data.
In these situations we point a camera at the game clock and then overlay the clock onto the GT Title. We either use Multiview, or trigger overlay 2 as the camera.
On the transition animation of the GT Title, I am not able to have vMix remove the camera overlay until after the GT Title has transitioned.
This is no good as the clock cam overlay is still on the output until after the GT Title has completed transitioning out.

Is there a way to have the camera overlay immediately removed as soon as the GT Title begins to transition out? I would like to do this without using shortcuts if possible.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:59:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Afraid you will have to use a combined shortcut or a shortcut triggering a script that hides the clock layer and triggers the title overlay out (The reverse for in )
remcoenden  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 2:59:12 AM(UTC)
remcoenden

Man
Netherlands

You could try to setup a trigger on De scoreboard overlay (say overlay 1). There you could set up a 'on transition out'out overlay with the action OverLay2Out (or something along those lines). If this works how I thing it would: overlay 2 should cut out as soon as you transition out overlay 1.

On a side note, you should have a look at the program 'scoreboard OCR'. This program uses a cam input pointed at a scoreboard and with some smart software transforms it into digital data witch you can send to a vMix title via the API. I've used it with succes for the last couple of months, it's really easy to use!

If you have any more questions I'll be glad to help where I can :)
kevev  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:08:59 AM(UTC)
kevev

Originally Posted by: remcoenden Go to Quoted Post
You could try to setup a trigger on De scoreboard overlay (say overlay 1). There you could set up a 'on transition out'out overlay with the action OverLay2Out (or something along those lines). If this works how I thing it would: overlay 2 should cut out as soon as you transition out overlay 1.

On a side note, you should have a look at the program 'scoreboard OCR'. This program uses a cam input pointed at a scoreboard and with some smart software transforms it into digital data witch you can send to a vMix title via the API. I've used it with succes for the last couple of months, it's really easy to use!

If you have any more questions I'll be glad to help where I can :)

I have already tried your first option using a trigger. The problem with that is the clock does not dissape untill the GT title completes it's transition out. Looks bad. I would love to use scoreboard ocr, but no time to test at a stadium. Need it to just work.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:27:04 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I tried, rather then guessing, all kinds of variations and so far the only way it works properly is with shortcuts or scripts (combined one that hides the clock plus one that triggers the title out)

scoreboard OCR is nice but not the holy grail. For just a clock its over the top besides i had to use another OCR way to get a fast running clock as scoreboard OCR was just not able to keep up and at best is to have the camera so close to it so that outside interference ( even vibrations) are minimalised

I know its not ideal to have to use footage of a clock but if thats the only option, to make it look better it helps to play with the color and contrast settings for a nicer look ;-)
remcoenden  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:03:59 AM(UTC)
remcoenden

Man
Netherlands

Currently I'm not able to test things with vMix in front of me, so I'm just thinking out loud here.

What is you don't trigger the GT scoreboard (overlay 1), but the video (overlay 2) instead? Then you could maybe do the same trick with the triggers, just the other way around.
doggy  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:40:54 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Currently I'm not able to test things with vMix in front of me, so I'm just thinking out loud here.

What is you don't trigger the GT scoreboard (overlay 1), but the video (overlay 2) instead? Then you could maybe do the same trick with the triggers, just the other way around.

Thats using 2 overlays, 2 remaining instead of using 1 (multiview)
kevev  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 10:38:22 AM(UTC)
kevev

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Thats using 2 overlays, 2 remaining instead of using 1 (multiview)

I ended up going this route as we only use overlay 1 anyways. Here are the steps for anyone else looking for a solution:

Lower 3rd overlay IN controller button needs to have trigger added:

Trigger: OnOverlayIn
Function: OverlayInput2In
Input: "Clock Cam Input"
Duration: 500
Delay: 1000

Lower 3rd overlay OUT controller button needs to have trigger added:

Trigger: OnOverlayOut
Function: OverlayInput1Out
Input: "Lower 3rd Input"
Duration: 500
Delay: 0