logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phil ede  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:47:48 PM(UTC)
phil ede

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am helping a church in E Africa improve their TV studio facilities. The studio is situated in E Africa, and files have to be FTP'd to the satellite uplink site in Europe, where they are played out using a Airbox Neo. Airbox uses a BMD Decklink card to stream them to SDI for ingest to their DVB-S2 compatible Mux-encoder and specify that they must be coded to CBR- transport stream, the preferred coding for DVB-S2 being MPEG-4.

However due to local exigencies like poor mains power supplies, isolation from the outside commercial and banking world, they are struggling with resources that we would take for granted.

At present the vMix file output can only be saved in VBR format, requiring transcoding and a CBR option would greatly improve the workflow.

I note a post from 22 days ago suggesting general ffMPEG upgrade. Perhaps the addition of a CBR option could be rolled in.

The only difficulty I forsee would be the file integrity using an ffMPEG stitch-together, as the codecs known to be stable like Main Concept require licensing.

I would be happy to arrange CBR trials with the uplink provider.

Thanks

Phil