logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Travis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
Travis

Groups: Registered

I'm looking for a way to have pop-up alerts that are triggered by my database updating. I can already do this for static graphics like L-frames, but I'd like to have a temporary graphic that appears on DataChangeIn. It would trigger a fade-in animation, hold for 8-10 seconds, then fade out, saying hidden until the next DataChangeIn trigger. I don't see any way to do this natively in the software; is this something I'll have to start getting into XAML for?

Thanks,
Travis
Travis  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:15:58 AM(UTC)
Travis

Groups: Registered

In case anyone needs this information in the future, the solution was to set the TransitionIn animation to Hidden, then the DataChangeIn needs two animations. It doesn't matter what the first animation is (as long as it's not Hidden or something), but the second animation needs to be one with the "Reverse" checkbox. I don't have vMix in front of me, so hopefully I'm getting all the names correct. Set the delay to however long you want to the title to be visible *plus* the transition time for the first animation and check the "Reverse" box. Now when the data is updated it should animate in, hold, then animate out as long as the title is set as an active overlay.