logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darrenwhitley  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:24:48 PM(UTC)
darrenwhitley

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Kansas City, Mo.

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I use VMix software to record a daily student broadcast by taking the program feed in over SDI and taking the embedded audio as well. This speeds up my workflow compared to exporting from the TriCaster after they've concluded the show.

It worked Monday. However, yesterday VMix failed to recognize there was an active feed on SDI-1. After adding that camera feed again, it wouldn't allow me to turn on the audio.

Another thing I tried is assigning the audio to that SDI input manually rather than using the default settings, but that generated an error message. Typically default will work with this specific machine. We have a similar machine in our flypack which has a different input cared with mini-SDI.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Magewell driver for the SDI card and reinstalled VMix 22, but the problem persists.

Windows 10 Pro PC i7-5820 CPU 3.30 GHz 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Input - Magewell XI400DE-SDI
Output - Blackmagic Decklink SDI
VMix 22.0.0.67

Does anyone have advice about revitalizing the embedded audio over SDI? I'm confident this is a software issue.
darrenwhitley  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:50:19 AM(UTC)
darrenwhitley

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/25/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Kansas City, Mo.

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
While using Adobe Premiere today, I got a note that some audio settings had changed. I tested taking NDI audio and SDI audio in Premiere. Both resulted in an MME internal error.

By Google searching the error I found a video tutorial which showed the problem was with Windows privacy settings.

I enabled the microphone for Adobe Premiere. *I'm not entirely sure if that fixed the problem. And for no particular reason, I right-clicked on VMix 64-bit and selected "run as administrator." By default, VMix is supposed to run in this mode. IDK if that was the issue or not.

Long story short, VMix now allows me to select the embedded audio from SDI inputs on the Magewell card.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.