logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mattfromga  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:05:21 PM(UTC)
mattfromga

Groups: Registered
United States

I love vMix for creating recorded output, but when I use the NDI camera with webex running on same machine as vmix, other people on the conference say the quality of the slide show showing in background is poor and they can barely read it.

When doing normal webex, I can do a "share my desktop" option for the slideshow and then use the video output for my camera and can use vMix for that. That does give me advantages of video switching, but it doesn't really give me the layout I'd like where I can switch between desktop, slideshow and camera full screen plus have the layout with those as overlays.

It seems like webex and others work hard to keep artifacts out of the desktop share, but allow the webcam video to degrade quicker. It makes sense they would do that when presented with limited bandwidth by the various conference members, but that means trying to do the slideshow via vMix output isn't an option for conference calls.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, were you able to do something to make quality good enough over the conference call that callers will be able to tolerate the slideshow text quality?
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:28:09 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
You don't provide any details about the machine. Running vMix, NDI Camera (do you mean Virtual Input?) and Webex on the same machine is a heavy lift. It would take a very capable machine.

Further, I can't see why it would be necessary to use all three of those things on the same computer.

- Your Powerpoint can be a source in vMix.
- Your camera (or webcam) can be a source in vMix.
- An application window can be a source in vMix (Local Desktop Capture)

You turn on vMix EXTERNAL and select vMix Video as the source in Webex.

I've done this quite a lot. It is quite demanding of the GPU.

Tell us more about your machine and we might be more helpful.

thanks 1 user thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
stergi on 5/7/2020(UTC)