logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
basvcds  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:00:29 PM(UTC)
basvcds

Groups: Registered

I recently setup a vMix machine with a couple of Panasonic AW-UE70 cameras working over NDI. I configured each camera to be remote controlled via an Xkeys XK-12 joystick using the Panasonic CGI protocol. However, when using the cameras the ptz controls are reacting very jittery and sensitive. There is no way to quickly adjust a shot without the image going all over the place, let alone bring in some movement while the camera is live. I have looked for ways to configure the joystick beyond setting the variable speed settings but i'm at a loss here.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to get the XK-12 reacting more fluently, more alike the Panasonic aw-rp50 controllers? Also, I noticed that I was able to have much better control over the cameras using the Newtek NDI Studio app, and ended up using this to make adjustments while doing the production.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
seb666  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:25:00 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: basvcds Go to Quoted Post
I recently setup a vMix machine with a couple of Panasonic AW-UE70 cameras working over NDI. I configured each camera to be remote controlled via an Xkeys XK-12 joystick using the Panasonic CGI protocol. However, when using the cameras the ptz controls are reacting very jittery and sensitive. There is no way to quickly adjust a shot without the image going all over the place, let alone bring in some movement while the camera is live. I have looked for ways to configure the joystick beyond setting the variable speed settings but i'm at a loss here.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to get the XK-12 reacting more fluently, more alike the Panasonic aw-rp50 controllers? Also, I noticed that I was able to have much better control over the cameras using the Newtek NDI Studio app, and ended up using this to make adjustments while doing the production.

We're using Skaarhoj PTZ Pro controllers with our Panasonic PTZ cams. They work quite well, but they never reach the level of fine tuned movement as the Panasonic controllers have. We have an RP150 here and there is a huge difference in sensitivity.
Also the UE70 has the worst NDI|HX delay in the Panasonic PTZ lineup (HE130 and UE150 are way better). I find it very difficult to control this camera when only connected via NDI.

The X-Keys joystick is a cheap solution and I don't think that you will experience a fine level of control with it. I used to control my first PTZ camera with vMix and X-Keys buttons. I liked the concept of PTZ cams but needed to upgrade the controller. I think you need to upgrade too. ;)

Regards
Seb

P.S.: Are you in Amsterdam on IBC? We've got a Panasonic RP50 controller in the office, which I could sell to you.
thanks 1 user thanked seb666 for this useful post.
basvcds on 9/9/2019(UTC)
basvcds  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 8:48:10 PM(UTC)
basvcds

Originally Posted by: seb666 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: basvcds Go to Quoted Post

We're using Skaarhoj PTZ Pro controllers with our Panasonic PTZ cams. They work quite well, but they never reach the level of fine tuned movement as the Panasonic controllers have. We have an RP150 here and there is a huge difference in sensitivity.
Also the UE70 has the worst NDI|HX delay in the Panasonic PTZ lineup (HE130 and UE150 are way better). I find it very difficult to control this camera when only connected via NDI.

The X-Keys joystick is a cheap solution and I don't think that you will experience a fine level of control with it. I used to control my first PTZ camera with vMix and X-Keys buttons. I liked the concept of PTZ cams but needed to upgrade the controller. I think you need to upgrade too. ;)

Regards
Seb

P.S.: Are you in Amsterdam on IBC? We've got a Panasonic RP50 controller in the office, which I could sell to you.

I'm going to be at IBC, i think i'm going to have a look at the skaarhoi controllers and see/feel if they are more suitable for my needs. Still its odd to me that the controls via Vmix were so horrible, and the controls via the NDI studio tool were so much more flexible and fluent.

I'll send you a p.m!