logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eliot Hochberg  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 6:02:04 PM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I haven't tried this yet, but searching I haven't found any reference to how to do this. I've found transitions and stingers, but I don't think that's exactly what I need.

When a segment comes up, I want to play a video which has alpha channel head and tail. In other words, like a stinger, but I have more than two segments, and they are 20-30 seconds each with musical themes. I want to cue the video, have it play with the alpha channel overlay (much like a stinger would do) then return to the current output as the video ends. My first idea is to just have a video with alpha channel and play it, but it's unclear to me that that's how alpha channel works.

I guess I could also make a multi-view with the segment video on the top layer and the current output on the bottom layer, but I'm not sure if that will cue the video to start playing when I transition.

Any insight is appreciated, I'm on vMix 18.
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 7:15:30 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
you have to have a key signal, same length of all videos you want to play in.
you start with your opening animation on the overly channel, underneath you have selected maybe your studio etc.
the key signal then controls what you see. in my example white is not transparent.
you can easy do this with a professional video edit pgm. like avid or adobe.

i have a explanation pdf, its in german but you should recognize the necessary steps.
it starts with a opening animation, fades to a live camera, fades with animation back to the first video, fades back to the live.
pdf