logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Curtis Martin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:46:29 AM(UTC)
Curtis Martin

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm trying to accomplish "dummy proofing" the on air swish pan by using activators on my xkeys 128. I have 9-11 virtual inputs for each of my 3 PTZ cameras for a worship service. I would like to have all presets for the camera that is on the air light up red, so the operator will know not to recall a different preset for that camera while it is live.

I have been unsuccessful. I have figured out the problem, but I don't know how to remedy it.

Under the activator section I have created multiple activators for the same input, that send a message to "be red" to 3 different groups of preset buttons, when the preset button is on the air live. The result is: when I TAKE a preset button, it correctly lights up red all 9 presets (virtual inputs) associated with the camera that went live.

HOWEVER, it will only do this for the preset button associated with the LAST set of three in the list. In this case on virtual input 21. (See attached pic.) If I moved all 3 Input 21s to the top of the list, then all the presets light up for input 20 (since its the last thing using 4-7,11-14,19-21). Once the button has been claimed by an input, it nullifies the activators in front of it requesting that same button.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish with activators? Or is it possible with some sort of scripting, which I'm not efficient at (yet!). I'm also open to figuring out some code to lock out PTZ movement of a camera that is live. Just not sure where to begin. Seems like it shouldn't be difficult to say "IF X Camera = Input, THEN turn buttons 1-8 RED"

Someone point me in the right direction. I'll do the footwork. Not looking for a handout...just direction!

activator3.PNG (29kb) downloaded 3 time(s). X_128_Screen2.PNG (118kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked Curtis Martin for this useful post.
seb666 on 7/23/2019(UTC)
David_in_Philly  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:26:52 PM(UTC)
David_in_Philly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Great try! I’d really like to see a solution to this too!
+1