logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Murchik  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:44:03 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Groups: Registered
Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
vMix__toch.jpg (1,738kb) downloaded 9 time(s).Hello to all! To work in vMix I started using the touch monitor ACER

https://www.acer.com/ac/...ntent/model/UM.HT2AA.002

and ready to share my impressions

Yes, management is now much more convenient and the number of random transitions is much reduced as when using consoles, because all directly perd eyes and push exactly where you want without being distracted by extraneous buttons.
But as if everything was not well faced with the shortcomings and difficulties in the work, and now for more details:
1.Why do I not like it terribly, then with the direct transition you can not choose the command Cut-Direct but only Cut. For me, this is a very important point. when working with remote studios or Video Call preview window, I have to select only manually for the “interlocutor”. When you go Cut it is always replaced by another source - BAD.

2. The display of the overlays does not appear either (when the windows are minimized, such as when selecting sources), which is somewhat inconvenient and when the windows are minimized, the distance between them is too small, as a result, it is easy to make a mistake in pressing the right one or you have to aim too much.

3. When using the touch monitor, the T-Bar is too small and the smoothness of its use becomes difficult, perhaps in the future it will make sense to move it and increase it.

4. When specifying the window function when pressing for example Cut - the PRV command appears in the window zero - too small and too hard pressed among other commands side by side. I tried to create separate windows for Cut and Prv - but this too much cluttered up the workspace. Perhaps there is an option to move and make this button larger under the window in order to avoid pressing side buttons.
5. Among other things, I now very much lack the function “Add button” of which you can assign a set of commands from the Shortcuts list (sometimes I assign them up to 4 simultaneously to one button) as in Midi AKAI. These commands are usually not tied to the inputs and perform several functions at once - but now it has become difficult or you have to combine the work of the touch monitor with the Midi, which is not very good at work.

If there is an opportunity in the future to upgrade the interface to use touch monitors, I want to suggest an idea (as one of the possible options). And yes, for overlays (as for the Master and Preview windows for the main windows), you can also set a separate highlight color for the active window.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope jointly the result will be amazing.

thanks 1 user thanked Murchik for this useful post.
MediaGroup on 10/28/2020(UTC)
Murchik  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 1:34:29 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Hello! Gentlemen, the developers are asking you to add the Cut Direct source switching function to the transition list or to the Mouse Click Action option. This is when you need the studio to start working with a large number of external inclusions.
I use a touch screen in my work, which is very convenient in work but this function is not available, unlike working with the console.
Is it really so difficult to facilitate the work of a live broadcast director ???
Very, Very, Very NEEDED it! 1.png (642kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 2.png (602kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 3.png (624kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
BionicTdb  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 2:32:47 AM(UTC)
BionicTdb

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
how do you get the controls to show vertical next to your input at bottom?

Capture.PNG (43kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Murchik  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 2:44:21 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

No way. This was my proposal to change the design of the minimized entrance just to see the included overlay.