logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjgraves  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:13:06 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
For a coming conference I need to prepare about 36 title slides to introduce speakers.

I have one master "slate" created in GT Designer. It's a complete presentation, with FS background image, a large logo, and a couple layers to text.

The question is, what makes best use of GPU resources:

(1) In GT Designer create a separate file for each speaker

(2) In vMix, add one instance of the slate, creating virtual inputs for all the different versions.

Thanks!
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 10:54:38 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mjgraves,

Would it not make more sense to add a single GT Title Input and use Data Sources to change the variables or have a couple of GT Title Inputs with a list of presets to choose from?
In direct answer to your question, I would think that whether you use multiple instances or virtual copies amount to the same thing from the GPUs perspective.

Just my thoughts.
Henny  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:37:26 AM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
The best way would be to use one instance of the title and use either Data Sources or Title Presets

To use title presets insert your title into your production then right click to access the title editor, in here you can edit the text in your titles and save presets, once your presets are in they can be accessed in the main v-mix interface by right-clicking on your title, also presets can be edited and recalled from the Web Gui so a second person can be editing titles from another device during your show

my normal method of doing conferences is to have a google sheet with Title,1st Name,2nd Name,Subject and Start time . I use this one data source for Running orders, Full-screen title graphics and Lower 3rd name straps. I then give the client/conference organizer access to the Google sheet so they can make changes on the fly if need be. For running the show I have two shortcuts on a stream deck to move to the next/previous row in the data source.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:57:28 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Thanks! This is pretty much as I expected. It's better than creating everything in Photoshop, which was my past habit.