logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sacchin  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 10:50:19 PM(UTC)
sacchin

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United Kingdom

Hi all
this is my first post so im sorry if I am doing this incorrectly.

I am currently using the trial version of vMix just so I can play around with it before purchasing.
I have successfully added my camera inputs from my Sony PXW-X70 camcorders.

I also have 2 cctv cameras which are the Sentient Pro 720p cctv cameras with an SDI output.
I have connected the camera directly to my blackmagic SDI capture card (the same way I connect my camcorders) but I am getting a black screen (no video feed)
Am I doing something wrong? Are all CCTV cameras compatible? All I need from the CCTV camera is the video feed.

Thanks in advance.
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:57:17 AM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Rank: Staff

Groups: Registered, Moderator
Joined: 8/15/2017(UTC)
Posts: 25
Location: Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi sacchin,

Welcome to the vMix Forums.
Which BMD capture card are you using?
We always recommend to first set-up capture devices with the manufacturer's software to insure the device is working properly.
In this case, use BMD Media Express and take note of the settings that work on that port of the device. If the device does not work in Media Express, then you may need to contact Blackmagic to trouble shoot further.
Secondly, we recommend that you insure all your drivers are up-to-date.
You can also review these Knowledge base articles for more insights into setting up BMD capture devices:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...-using-a-blackmagic-card
https://www.vmix.com/kno...k-quad2-to-be-8-channels


vMixGreg
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:26:11 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2015(UTC)
Posts: 833
Man
United States
Location: Houston TX

Thanks: 257 times
Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 173 post(s)
BMD cards are like that. Unless the card is set exactly to the right format for the source they shown you nothing.
sacchin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:38:34 AM(UTC)
sacchin

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: vmixgreg Go to Quoted Post
Hi sacchin,

Welcome to the vMix Forums.
Which BMD capture card are you using?
We always recommend to first set-up capture devices with the manufacturer's software to insure the device is working properly.
In this case, use BMD Media Express and take note of the settings that work on that port of the device. If the device does not work in Media Express, then you may need to contact Blackmagic to trouble shoot further.
Secondly, we recommend that you insure all your drivers are up-to-date.
You can also review these Knowledge base articles for more insights into setting up BMD capture devices:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...-using-a-blackmagic-card
https://www.vmix.com/kno...k-quad2-to-be-8-channels


vMixGreg


Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. It is a Decklink Duo 2.

can I have the download link for the BMD Media Express?
desmar  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:30:23 PM(UTC)
desmar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2015(UTC)
Posts: 293
Man
Canada
Location: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 55 post(s)
@sacchin

Most CCTV Analog cameras have a BNC connector are not SDI they are different video format. They are TVI, CVI, AHD, CVBS and SDI Security Cameras.

Most SDI capture cards won't support TVI, CVI, AHD, and CVBS.. These are composite video formats.

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
BMD cards are like that. Unless the card is set exactly to the right format for the source they shown you nothing.


Originally Posted by: sacchin Go to Quoted Post
Hi all
this is my first post so im sorry if I am doing this incorrectly.

I am currently using the trial version of vMix just so I can play around with it before purchasing.
I have successfully added my camera inputs from my Sony PXW-X70 camcorders.

I also have 2 cctv cameras which are the Sentient Pro 720p cctv cameras with an SDI output.
I have connected the camera directly to my blackmagic SDI capture card (the same way I connect my camcorders) but I am getting a black screen (no video feed)
Am I doing something wrong? Are all CCTV cameras compatible? All I need from the CCTV camera is the video feed.

Thanks in advance.


elvis55  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 5:18:09 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2017(UTC)
Posts: 97
Switzerland
Location: Luzern - Schweiz

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Have you ever changed the settings in - Blackmagic DeckLink SDI -?
Try "Conversions - Input Conversion - SD to HD".
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.